Old 06-22-2019, 10:29 AM   #204
Hateandhatred
"The Quebec Steparatist."
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Default Re: jTWG LXXXIV: 8 New Players and Raeko Game Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanzath View Post
here's my take

You're also participating in the game, and you also want people to read you as town and not lynch you, regardless of your actual alignment.

The fact is, wolves have too much information in this game, they already know exactly who's town and who's wolf. So they don't usually get genuine "towny" thoughts during a game, they have to fake these thoughts. That's a lot of effort, so wolves tend to prefer hiding thoughts, or not posting at all. Because giving information to town is what makes wolves lose.

If you're town, it's in town's best interest to share most or all of your thoughts. We can look at them and figure out how genuine they seem. This is especially true in the later phases of the game, once we have mechanical information, we can look back at thoughts and votes in the earlier phases and see what looks like a wolf who has too much information vs what looks like a town who doesn't have enough information.
+1 to this, most helpful post so far.

I give 0 fuck about d0 while d0 is going on, so I don't really have much to say about it. However it does mean something later on.

That being said, if anyone has something to say, unless they NEED to keep it for later, they should definitely say it.