View Single Post
Old 04-17-2013, 04:44 PM   #71
ce1545
One Truth Prevails
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to ce1545 Send a message via MSN to ce1545 Send a message via Yahoo to ce1545 Send a message via Skype™ to ce1545
Default Re: legacy files to alter!

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxfire667 View Post
This actually sounds like an awesome idea. The only people who would really care about playing these files anyway would be people who have been members of this site for a long time and are nostalgia struck or something. This also pretty much implies public ranks would no longer have these files within their lists, which would be another great plus.

This would also allow FFR to always be putting it's best foot forward when it is found by newer people. I'm sure anyone who checks out FFR (especially those who have played other rhythm games in the past) would probably be pretty unsatisfied if they happened to start their song selections in the legacy genre. It's sort of like getting a new pack for StepMania, where if the set-list has quite a few off-sync files, and you happen to play a few of those ones first. You might think the whole thing is crap and just remove it (or in the case of FFR go somewhere else for rhythm gaming).

I suppose if newer players are interested in FFR's history (which would only happen if they became a frequent and probably dedicated member) when they become a veteran they can enjoy the wonders of the legacy genre as well. If it's only real reason to be around is for historical purposes, it might as well be treated as nothing more than an archive, rewarded to those who are probably the only ones who would want it in the first place.

Although since none of this is going to be implemented (or even remotely considered by anyone of power I'm sure) I guess it really doesn't matter. Guess we can all talk about it for a few more days until the thread dies though.
The only problem I see with this is that some people won't be able to unlock certain skill tokens unless they're dedicated enough to meet the requirements to become a veteran.
ce1545 is offline   Reply With Quote