Old 08-4-2019, 11:17 PM   #122
ULTIMEGA
Torn to oblivion!
D7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Default Re: D8 Deb8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charu View Post
Oh, this is a thread.

I have not played in FFR in forever and have not read all of this thread...

...The demand for when D7 was made was done due to not just one person, but multiple players achieving scores and goals that, realistically, other D6 contenders could not hope to obtain.

I think right now, we still have a short supply of actual D7 players, thus I believe D8 should NOT be a thing at all. Least not until D7 faces the problem that D6 players faced. It has not come to that point yet.

However, I think, if there is absolutely a demand for a title, I'd approve. Just nothing to do with OT since, well... I really don't see a reason to make an entire division just because of ONE player...

I'm assuming it's because of that one player anyways, lol.
Considering that only one person has AAA'd RATO (so far) I don't think an 8th division is necessary yet since it's only one individual versus many others. It's of an interesting note to me that when you think about the idea in and of itself, it's worth mentioning.

Does that mean that it's an absolute must? I personally don't think so and here's why I say that. The number of level 100+ charts is so few and so few of these charts have been slain by the legendary players of the site (kind of a ramble, I know) is kind of meaningless in a sense. Don't get me wrong - AAA'ing any of these charts is an impressive feat in and of itself and as it has been shown, it IS doable.

But the whole debate arose when RATO was finally killed and put to bed, being the second highest public difficulty of any song in the game, and to make D8 a thing off of this one historical achievement is jumping the boat before it's even set sail on its maiden voyage.

I would honestly consider the idea as just that: an idea. It has its merits, but I wouldn't warrant the creation of it until at least three people get a AAA on vROFL, and I just don't see that happening.

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Zenith_ View Post
@ULTIMEGA, dank meme genie.

HIGHEST AAA:Necropotence [90]
HIGHEST SDG: Magical 8 Bit Tour [100] (7-0-0-4)
HIGHEST FC: Six Acid Strings [101]
HIGHEST SCORE: Magical 8 Bit Tour [100] (7-0-0-4)
ULTIMEGA is offline   Reply With Quote