View Single Post
Old 09-27-2021, 09:32 AM   #1
revolutionomega
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to revolutionomega Send a message via MSN to revolutionomega
Default 8 On The Break Meetup May/June 2022

Hi Fiffers,

Welcome to the meetup thread.

As I always find discussion and such more convenient on Discord these days, here is a link to a channel I created specifically for future FFR-related meetups. Happy to mod others that are willing to help organize these types of events.

Here is the link for the Discord Server: https://discord.gg/Q9VhUztq

Join ASAP as the link will expire in 7 days, feel free to DM me on Discord or @ me in the FFR server if you need a new link.

As someone who has been dying for an East Coast/Tri-state meetup for years (now that I am a working adult who can travel and such) and really meet a lot of the folks in this community, I figured it would be a good thing to kick things off in a spot where we have access to VSRGs and has been a staple of the 4panel community and more for quite some time: 8 On The Break.

Check out the venue: http://www.thebreak.net/

Certainly has some easy snack/lunch options but would also love to find a local spot where we could eat and drink (for those 21+) and really get a chance to catch up or truly meet IRL for the first time.

Currently we are spitballing for May/June area 2022 in hopes that the COVID numbers will be more under control and we have plenty of time to find the best date (likely a Saturday) where a majority can make it.

Looking forward to hearing from all of you soon. Although it is mostly likely that more will be able to make it from MA/CT/NY/NJ/PA/DE/MD/VA I hope that this gets enough traction where some others may make the trip there for a full weekend.

Cheers,

revolutionomega (aka Dan)