View Single Post
Old 11-7-2014, 03:56 PM   #153
noname219
FFR Wiki Admin
Wiki Administrator
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to noname219
Default Re: FFR Wiki

I will add all the following information in the op a bit later. Here's the next "steps" and some objectives I want to achieve in the upcoming months. This is, of course, not set in stone and any tasks below can be modified or added/removed from the list. The pourcentage is an estimate of the progress made for that task.

The goal of the wiki is to provide a useful and easy to access database of information concerning FFR. Hopefully, it should be the ressource of information to check if someone has a question related to the game. While it's technically on another domain, it should feel like it's part of FFR.

GENERAL RULES
- They are the same than on FFR : no offensive content, no disrespect towards other people, etc. Wikia has also community guidelines that we should follow.
- A very important point I want to make is to respect private information of other users. Everything that's been posted by the user himself on FFR solely can be added on his profile. Also, if a user doesn't want to display certain information concerning himself, we should fulfill his request.
- Try to keep an impartial view of the subject you're working on. Reference as much as possible.

CRITICAL TASKS
[0%] [open to everyone + Noname219] General guidelines for content creators (some tips I found to be more efficient when editing the wiki, how to use wikicode correctlym useful links, etc. Planning to put that content somewhere, probably in the maintenance section. Everyone can submit their tips too.)
[--] [open to everyone + Noname219 + Eze] Maintenance & News (That means, all current events must at least be referenced in the news section that I'm currently keeping up to date. We should ensure a minimum of coverage concerning current happenings of the website. That also means all recent songs missing should be added, which is why I added Eze to that task since he already knows where and how to add those songs. Also dead redirects, double redirects, wanted pages to check from time to time)
[0%] [Noname219] Integration of Song Corrections Thread and Musical Genres Revamp into the wiki. (I want to make my song research more accessible to users, so they can add their own input. Atm, I'm less preoccupied by the genres revamp, but it's something I want to make progress on.)

IMPORTANT TASKS
[10%] [open to everyone + Noname219] Musician pages to expand (basic infos+links) (Currently making this. The link section is intimidating for anyonye, but I couldn't found any easy solution. I'm planning to review all the profiles myself but anyone can hop on to help.)
[1%] [open to everyone + gold stinger] Song pages to expand (tips/tricks, background info, reception, etc. The information in the infobox will be modified when I successfully integrate the song corrections thread research. @ goldstinger : if you're interested about expanding the songs page, avoid using the 2nd subject "you", "your", etc. Other than that, you can do what you want.)
[5%] [open to everyone] Important pages to create/modify (engines, history of the website, community, terminology, etc. Some of them are listed in the portals but many more can be added.)

NEXT STEPS
[0%] [open to everyone] Permission screenshots to add (if we can find them)
[0%] [open to everyone] Cloning pertinent information from the forum (stuff that could be useful on the wiki such as the stickies)
[1%] [open to everyone] The Werewolf Games + Tournaments (this takes a while and isn't that of a necessity, but it would make the user pages more complete and pertinent)

STUFF THAT IS MOSTLY DONE BUT IS CONSTANTLY EXPANDING
- Music genres db
- Permissions
- Staff/user titles
- Locations db
- Browsing the wiki using categories and portals

Last edited by noname219; 11-7-2014 at 04:33 PM..
noname219 is offline   Reply With Quote