View Single Post
Old 10-21-2020, 12:45 AM   #154
Bolth mannn
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Default Re: On the subject of Toxicity/Community Check-in (TWG)

Quote:
Originally Posted by roundbox View Post
Now, can we try and engage some of the points I've made? I feel like things are moving forward without nearly any consideration of my contributions.
-We've agreed unanimously as a community when certain people are stepping far out of line
-Overt rudeness and harshness, I feel, has decreased
-As a previous offender, I pointed to my downward trend of spiciness. Deadchats, as they stand, are breeding grounds for personal attacks.
-Getting heated and emotional is anticipated in a longer game. How do we draw the line to moderate this? Is it even something we can define?
-Implicit bias controls the hierarchy of vote/read importance. There is a clear divide in newness/experience. Perceived skill/lack of skill. Male/female or other. As someone who occupies the beneficial side of all these equations, I look back on situations where I've not believed someone's read or taken as seriously as another due to some of these.
- Agreed
- Possibly, I cant accurately confirm. As a relatively new player, I often find a lot of the conversations as still unnecessarily harsh
- I’ve noticed a downward trend in a lot of players, in all fairness, which I see as a positive thing
- I don’t believe it is something easily defined, which is why I suggested something to do with personal attacks, as there’s no need for a space for those on a problem solving game
- I personally find this the biggest issue, but as you’ve sort of stated, it’s only something that can be tackled on an individual level, not by the mods

For the record, two extra mods is potentially too many, but I don’t really know the background or reasoning why or even who is a current mod other than sunfan