View Single Post
Old 07-7-2016, 01:25 PM   #1521
DarkZtar
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Default Re: 11th Official Tournament - Round 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by hi19hi19 View Post
Anyone who is complaining about the D5 file being used in the tournament: Well, I do think the file is quite a bit much for D5 R2 and should have been used a little later in the tournament. But I also think it is a fine tournament file. Bursts are patterns too, even if a lot of people are bad at them/don't like them. Cheating weird patterns has always been a thing on FFR, and it's not like D5 should be "protected" from files that might require it
Will preface this by saying I think divinity garden is a great file. That being said, I actually don't think it makes that great of a tournament file either. When you have a largely smooth difficulty curve broken by very abrupt and awkward burst patterns (to the point where that's pretty much all that determines a person with the tested skill level's score) those patterns just become unduly frustrating to deal with. I felt the same way when D4? (or was it also D5, idr) got Press Start. Press Start is honestly a pretty cool/quirky file to play when you're not really pressured for a score, but in the tournament setting it felt very out of place (esp considering pattern manipulation was like the only way you could get past the 48ths). But yeah I suck at the file (lol 7 goods) so subjectivemanias weee.

This isn't a knock at Kayla or AJ for the file selection either, just my 2¢