View Single Post
Old 01-2-2021, 11:41 PM   #9
radioamor
anhedonia extraordinaire
D7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Default Re: Journey to become the fastest speed mod player!!!

I vaguely remember seeing someone who was level ~55 posting scores in Discord with a scroll speed of 4x and reasonable accuracy. I don't remember their name or have any empirical evidence of this person existing, however, so this tenuous anecdote will have to do.
Regardless, I don't really see the point in assigning so much value to something as arbitrary and otherwise meaningless as scroll speed. Cranking up the scroll speed for keks and for discovering the upper limits of what you can read sounds like a fun experiment, sure, but turning it into a self-aggrandizing competition like this is decidedly less enjoyable. I don't find anything wrong with setting a personal goal to be able to read at faster speeds (although, at level 61, you have a considerable amount of upward mobility available to you to keep you from getting bored of the game), but the sort of, uh, unearned confidence with which this thread is teeming is slightly irksome.
Do whatever you want, I guess. I've just never understood the fascination with scroll speed.

Last edited by radioamor; 01-2-2021 at 11:42 PM..
radioamor is offline   Reply With Quote