View Single Post
Old 11-29-2020, 01:13 AM   #2018
DaBackpack
~ お ま ん こ ~

Send a message via Skype™ to DaBackpack
Default Re: TWG 198 - TWGabout Succession [GAME THREAD]

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatfuck42 View Post
That ule post came across as pretty townie to me. I feel like she'd be more self-conscious about going that deep into mechanics if she were a wolf (since "focusing too much on mechanics" is a popular wolf tell).
This post reads as TMI to me now. "Focusing too much on mechanics" is indeed a wolf tell... on FFR. Ulli has almost never played on this site so it's hard for me to believe that she would be aware of this meta. (P.S. She admits that the meta on her home site is totally different.)

The reason this is important is because, if I were in Plop's shoes here as a town, I would see the mechanics post and think, "she's focusing on mechanics. That's a wolf tell." because that's the most immediate response I'd have.

The telling part is that Plop REACHES this read but then flips it over, saying "ah! She's towny because her post is so obviously wolfy that it can't be wolfy!!" This is a literal example of WIFOM... and yet, Plop magically seems to arrive at the unintuitive "correct" answer of "Ulli is town!"

It's a very safe, easy move for Plop to make here, because it's a freebie read, because all he has to do is mentally invoke WIFOM and use the "contrarian" response. This is a very easy contrarian read for Plop to make, and it serves a dual purpose of making Plop seem like he's critically thinking about player alignment, but also saving his ass in case Ulli ends up lynched later.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moogy View Post
no one cares
Quote:
Originally Posted by TWG Dan Hedgehog View Post
there are 743 matches for hedgehog suicide on deviantart
that's kind of a sad statistic