View Single Post
Old 01-21-2013, 05:24 PM   #76
foxfire667
The FFRchiver
Retired StaffFFR Music ProducerD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Default Re: What game has taken up the most of your time?

I would say I have given more time to Halo than anything else I have played.

Halo: Reach (I'm an eclipse in this, and considering the rate it takes to rank up I would easily say I've put in like 300-400 hours total)
Halo 3 (I have like 1300 exp or something like that, and my match win rate was pretty bad at the time. Probably about 300-400 hours because I think I played a similar amount of total matches as Reach).
SM: according to SM 3.9 and SM 5, I've played in game (not just sitting with the client running) for 1,133,579 seconds. So 314 hours.
FFR: If I can get around 1.5 bill in 24 hours, and I have 17,426,284,515 points, I've played for around 278 hours).

Although 50k hours is completely ridiculous, don't forget that it could be possible he played far more than 10 hours on weekends, and that school vacation days should be factored in as well. Perhaps we could make this a theoretical possibility. Nope, even with other factors, I don't think we could make this happen without 24 hour binges on all available vacation days, and even then it might not make it lol.

Diablo 2 was released on June 29th 2000, and Zon Fire said he played for about 9 years? Assuming Zon did live in MN, a school events calendar for Minneapolis MN shows 129 days of school vacation form the summer vacation of 2012 onto the last vacation day before the last day of school in 2013. Because I'm not going to bother chacking if the amount of vacation days fluctuate on different years, let's assume it's 129 days of school vacation every year, and that all schools in MN follow this approximate guideline.

Taking into account that Zon said he would play "day and night", let's increase some of the known values for weeks, weekends, etc.

Let's assume that Zon gets 8 hours of sleep every day, and about 8 hours of his time were in one way or another devoted to school (getting there, doing homework, etc etc). I'll also give a 1 hour unallocated time frame which can be used for other things like eating, bathroom breaks, whatever. So we'll give him 7 hours of Diablo II every school day.

For weekends and vacation days, let's ramp up the total play time every day to a much higher number, like 16 hours a day. Assuming you listed the correct number of weekend days in a given year we will make an equation.

3287* - 104(9) - (129(9) - 25**) = 1215, the total amount of school days he would have experienced in 9 years since the release of the game.

*3287 refers to the total number of days in 9 years from June 30th 2000 to June 30th 2009.
**25 refers to the assumption that school ended on June 5th 2000, and that there was a 25 day wait before the release of Diablo II)

So with this in mind, we get:

1215 * 7 = 8,505 hours of play total on school days

2072 * 16 = 33,152 hours of play on non school days

So in reality we pull ~41657 hours, which is still quite far from 50k. Keep in mind that this doesn't even account for time lost due to doing things other than Diablo II that aren't related to school, eating, or other small quick things around the house that could fit within the 1 hour allocation I gave you. Plus all vacation days are pretty much sleep, Diablo II so...

Why did I waste all this time doing this? Sometimes I like to crunch some numbers, and this felt like it would take a little bit.