View Single Post
Old 08-23-2021, 11:03 AM   #1326
rayword45
Local Teenage Wastebasket
FFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Default Re: Recommend me some 2021 albums halp

Day 878: DR. EV4L by Young Nudy (Album Choice: IRL friends, sorta)

I hate when I don't know how I'm supposed to capitalize things, and I hate the fact that this guy decided to use l33tspeak in his album title in 2021. A couple of my friends saw this guy live on Saturday and said it was absolutely amazing, but resale tickets were like $70 and I had someone offering me a no-strings-attached rebound that day instead. The problem was that she lived an hour drive away, so I had to have a friend pick me up from my house to drive me to her place, then I spent like 7 hours there, then I had to call a DIFFERENT friend to come pick me up, and then I linked with the two friends that saw this guy live, the guy driving me home and another friend and the 5 of us all smoked together. The emotionless sex was absolutely TERRIBLE, and I don't know whether the sex or the moments in-between were more depressing, but the guys who saw Young Nudy live said I probably made the more emotionally and financially healthy decision, because I REALLY needed to bang someone that wasn't my abusive ex.

Anyways, this album. It's okay. Lyrically, this stuff is edgy as fuck, but I don't really care. The performances are a bit understated for what I'd expect for these kinda lyrics, but maybe that's a blessing in disguise. Apparently the concert had a very similar vibe to Playboi Carti's live performances, which makes sense because he also mumbles on record but screams live, and I can imagine that being a lot of fun. But this album? Meh. And the features add almost nothing.

Therapy session 2 on Wednesday!

Best Track: 2Face
Rating: 5/10

BEST AAAs: WANDERLUST, Pandora, Necropotence, Mourning The Lost, Eradication, Feldschlacht

Hey, we need some users on this site. Please join.

And if you have not recommended any albums yet, do so. Please. I have a goal to reach. Here.
NO WAIT THAT SHIT'S OLD GO HERE INSTEAD.
rayword45 is offline   Reply With Quote