View Single Post
Old 07-13-2015, 07:31 PM   #66
intensez
FFR Player

Default Re: Keyboardsmash Phase I: Legacy [RELEASED]

i can finish reviews later tonight probs, i noticed the community really has slowed down way more than it was back when we had like ~new gen~ steppers mixed with the old (like odi3) rip :'(

anyway heres more reviews

hadouken - gah had to quit. the trill patterns and 8th jacks going on throughout the file were just really poorly placed (no offense). the patterns could of been improved cuz honestly this file is just awkward to play and isnt hard for the right reasons. even tho its really not THAT hard. if i had to give you advice its about the freezes; don't have a hold with anything more than 8ths cuz 99% of the time its gonna come out dumpy and awkward for someone else playing. also one handed trills should be avoided unless idk there's a snare or you wanna get the feel of a jack on a lower difficulty (ie a 150bpm 16th snare can be a jack on a harder difficulty but to "lighten" it without losing much rhythm in the file you can do a single handed trill). overall not that fun to me cuz of that even though the song had the potential to be cool 4.5/10

ham jam - reviewed this on my pack when you submitted, but like others said definitely one of your best files j.may 8/10 i like this one

hanairo - way overstepped -_- you should of left it simple and removed some of those jumps and left the difficulty spikes strictly in the sections that warranted it (ie your colored sections and maybe added some jacks for the vocals) but otherwise meh didn't like it 5/10

hideout - idk you velious but i remember loving your files back when i couldnt step for sheeet L0L anyway very simple and straightforward, the difficulties are really warranted. despite the file being p much as fun as it could be based on the song choice it still is lackluster but i'd blame that on the length. otherwise not a bad file but nothing spectacular either 7.5/10

i'm your daddy - really my ONLY complaint is you didn't go for the trills/rolls in 48ths/64ths on a harder difficulty cuz the freezes were fun to tap out and all but i think it was a huge missed opportunity. thatd prob be hard to step and keep it fluent so i understand why you avoided it lol file itself is really fun, tough scoring file 8/10

i review slow cuz i like to play them more than once before throwing assumptions in a file xd more coming soon
intensez is offline   Reply With Quote