View Single Post
Old 04-9-2014, 01:03 PM   #1193
PriestREA
ddkdkd
D8 Godly KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Default Re: League of Legends [v2]

Quote:
Originally Posted by stargroup100 View Post

and finally you totally skipped over the point where I said that not everyone can be diamond. if 100% of all players are diamond, what's even the point of having tiers? not to mention it's actually literally impossible because the league system is set up in such a way that when someone goes up someone else goes down, which overall keeps the distribution of players constant.
The tier system will still work because of the inchworm concept; the idea that people have their A, B, and C games. In the situation that "everyone" would be diamond by today's standards, what is diamond now may not serve as a real expectation in the future. If everyone was diamond in this current system, it would be very easy to maintain a tier system, the difference is that people at the top consistently play their A game while people at the bottom are inconsistent. Both players are skilled, one is consistent and is constantly able to adapt to changing situations, thus improving their A game.

The new bronze would be old diamond players who cannot play their A game often, the majority would fall back into that position. As you move up, everyone becomes far more consistent. Eventually, the new diamond I would still contain diamond players according to old standards, but these players are very consistent and can perform well on a whim.

It's not that out of reach to practice and get better at a skill. I believe that some people will need more time; if two players both play 1000 games, the improvement that each will see is not the same. Each player still has the capability of making it to a new league. It depends on the quality of the practice you are putting in. What are you learning from each game? I am certainly not a high ranking league player, but from experience in FFR/SM and other ladders I can tell you that you can definitely go from bottom to the top of the ladder.

Last edited by PriestREA; 04-9-2014 at 01:07 PM..
PriestREA is offline   Reply With Quote