View Single Post
Old 06-26-2016, 01:31 AM   #1
rebelrunner26
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Default Apparently there's a tournament...

As a 9-year vet coming out of retirement (albeit for the 3rd time or so), I'm continuously astounded by the ability of this community to persevere way past what I thought was the heyday of rhythm games. As I scroll through things, it blows my mind that R3 is up and running and fan-f***ing-tastic, we have a level and ranking system that equates to actual playing skill, and we have people that I recognize from 2007 still playing at a high skill level.

I don't think I know anybody that I'm playing against in my division (D4, Lord help me), but I'm ecstatic to see that everything is alive and well on a site that made up an entire summer or two of my high school days that I saw disappear out of nowhere, reappear, and transcend into a modern-era reflection of all of the glory I pretended we had when I was 16.

Major props to admins and mods, and many welcomes and thanks to all of the newbies (that are probably going to kick my buttocks in this tourney) for keeping this game up and running. It's been a minute since 0-frame arrows, no triples/quads, hoping your keyboard allowed two keys to be pressed at once, and only having 400ish songs. To the 2003-2006 vets, I acknowledge your eye-roll.

Godspeed, ladies and gentlemen, and happy arrow-smashing.