View Single Post
Old 11-10-2016, 11:10 PM   #967
Wineandbread
Custom User Title
FFR Veteran

Default Re: TWG CLX If Emblem was a bad employee Game Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreezinIce View Post
I know the stereotype of good town play is to never give in and always fight to stay alive, but its pretty demoralizing to see people piling on you using secondhand logic and things that aren't even indicative of scum.

1. What points did they make that you liked so I can destroy them.

2. Holy crap would you lay off condemning me for my freaking intro, it's WIFOM at its finest. "Ohhhhh did he put it there to give the ILLUSION OF CONTRIBUTING?" No, I explained in the paragraph that literally came right before it why I made it.

3. As an aside, I loathe the fact that people think that sloppy play is some kind of scum tell. Your paragon of town play is a myth. It doesn't exist. Wolves play bad, make unwise decisions, yolo, ect. So does town. So what is the deal? What's the point of bringing it up? You can say "Freeze your play is bad you need to step it up or you could be in danger for not helping town." To that I will agree, that is a logical point to make. But when you say "Your play sucks, therefore your scum here let me vote you" I just shake my head.

4. What specifically was scummy about my reaction to getting dogpiled?

5. If it's not about my tone, what is it about? Please enlighten me, don't keep me in the dark

5. Don't fucking compare me to zenith. He has 0 content. Almost 0 interactions. Nothing to show for the time he's spent in this thread except a load of complaining and whining. You can pick apart what I contributed all day and all night, but in the end it will still be more than what zenith has. So that begs the question, do you prefer his "content" over mine? Your vote is telling me yes. How disgusting.

6. In the end I'm just concluding alot of the stuff piled up on me is WIFOM stretches on "typical" scumplay. But when you have nothing else to go on but that and "tone", I'm sure that's infinitely more appealing than just killing an inactive. Now I just think back to MML and his assertion that tone is an "excellent" tool to catch scum d0, and I chuckle. The annoying thing is I can't refute this nonsense without using WIFOM myself, because the premise is flawed to begin with.
Unfortunately I don't have the time nor the willpower to respond in full to this. However, I do think that it's a good post and much better than "shut up".

1. You said you had a better read list and you didn't put it up, not even part of it. Why? You wanted to vote for inactives but you didn't commit. Why?
2. I understand why you said you made it. But what made you feel the need to format it in this manner? Why not just point out the specific tendencies for each player? Would it be that hard to follow your 'wolf tendencies' otherwise? In 676 you just write you wanted to put it up cause you worked hard on it, that's fine. It doesn't take that much more effort to say you wanted to put it up because you wanted to show your work.
3. Sloppy play is what leads to questioning, and reaction/response to said questioning is what most people base their reads on. Why bring anything up if not to talk about it? TWG might attack your rhetoric, but it is not supposed to be a personal attack. It is meant to be a mentally exhausting challenge. What else would you say we should base our reads off of on d0? When people shut down because they're butthurt like Zenith, nothing useful is accomplished.
4. Unhelpful attitude. It was like you didn't even want to entertain the comments, because you didn't care enough to fully flesh out your original collosal post. To me, that sounds like you are afraid that your logic is wrong, which is scummy to me.
5. You want to vote for inactives but you lean on storn/gs/tokzic?
5.2 Sorry if I offended you. Like I said, you did try to contribute. It was just kind of vapid to me, and when people asked why, you shut them out.
6. It's not typical, according to your Wolf Tendencies.

There just isn't a better option right now unless you give us one Freezin. Speak up against the people you want dead. Don't get swallowed up defending yourself because you're not doing a good job of it.
We climb up a lot of ladders, and fall down a lot of chutes.

Taking "all" oddjobs! PM me requests. Requests filled: 2 last active Mar. 6th, 2017

Keep it real pls. Will deny requests I cannot manage.