View Single Post
Old 12-24-2017, 11:11 AM   #47
Mahou
魔法少女
FFR Veteran

Default Re: Mahou's training log

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superbearhands View Post
Not taking whey is fine as long as you get a decent protein intake from your diet. 0.5-1 grams per body weight pound depending on how often and hard you work out. Whey just helps reach that amount in a more convenient way.

It's good to pay attention to what you're lacking in your work out. It's pretty much Arnold's approach for beginners and intermediates; just go work out until you start seeing changes in your body, and depending on those results you can make adjustments to your program to work on your weaknesses.
Thank you for the information sir.

I have been taking 70% of my body weight in protein (grams). My concern was how my body was actually digesting and absorbing the whey protein since I used to become really bloated and gassy. So far the plant based protein has been working wonders for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reach View Post
Protein source doesn't matter as long as you hit your daily intake. Even if you drop your protein substantially (I cut mine in half for a year), even then you don't really lose much strength or mass in the short term. Over the long term (~1 year) you will notice some losses, but they're not as big as you'd think.

As for creatine, I stopped taking it years ago. It has an effect but it's extremely small and the benefits are often overstated. Getting off it improved my joint health. I've played with it so many times and it does cause small changes in water weight and maybe ~5 lbs difference on a lift like bench press, but it's pretty inconsequential.
Regarding your creatine statement, I’m sort of starting to understand what you’re saying. At this point, creatine is really not benefitting me as much as I thought it was. Maybe it’s because my muscles are heavily saturated with it - I haven’t stopped taking it for over a year and a half now. The other day, I managed to get two new prs without supplementing with it at all. Could be a placebo at this point or maybe I did get some new gains.

At this point, I’m almost 2 years into posting my updates with my fitness journey. I took a look at my workout regimen, and I’m starting to consider doing new things to keep me active. Lifting weights is fun, but it’s starting to become so part of my lifestyle that it’s not exciting to me as it once was before. Don’t get me wrong, I’m not going to just give up - but I’m interested in doing other things.

By the way, I got 225 for 20 reps on the flat. Woot woot.
AND watch anime.

Last edited by Mahou; 12-24-2017 at 11:15 AM..
Mahou is offline   Reply With Quote