View Single Post
Old 07-13-2023, 10:05 AM   #1517
rayword45
Local Teenage Wastebasket
FFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Default Re: Recommend me some 2022 albums +1000th album halp

Day 1023: Please Touch by Rrose (Album Choice: septuagenarian)

I'll get to a lot more requests from other people soon.... or maybe not soon but eventually.... and maybe not a lot but at least a few, I swear to god. Anyways, I picked this one because I needed something minimal for work purposes, and because seeing Rrose live in a sweaty illegal warehouse rave was a divine experience. I will fully cop to being pretty dumb when it comes to techno, which is a bit tough in NYC because people here are obsessed with being the most elitist techno snob of them all via only listening to that underground shit and turning their nose up at "business techno". At the very least, I know this ain't business techno, because business techno artists don't play LGBTQ-only techno-only DJ showcases inside unlicensed sweatboxes. The only artist that I KNOW is considered that stupid-ass term is Charlotte De Witte and over here she plays the biggest, shittiest venue in Brooklyn for more than $100 a pop.

This is considerably more minimal than Hymn to Moisture but also feels a lot groovier. The descriptions of each album on Bandcamp articulate the differences pretty well, as the 2019 album definitely felt more like it was going for "natural" or "pastoral" vibes with field recordings manipulated hard enough that I couldn't tell they were field recordings. This doesn't completely eschew that sort of atmosphere, in fact I'd say it's largely got a similar approach to things, but the biggest difference upon side-by-side comparison is that this new album makes you wanna shake your ass a lot more frequently. Well, perhaps not shake your ass, but bob your head up-and-down to the tempo. Therefore, I prefer it.

Seriously though, techno elitists are the fucking worst.

Best Track: Feeding Time
Rating: 8/10

BEST AAAs: WANDERLUST, Pandora, Necropotence, Mourning The Lost, Eradication, Feldschlacht

Hey, we need some users on this site. Please join.

And if you have not recommended any albums yet, do so. Please. I have a goal to reach. Here.
NO WAIT THAT SHIT'S OLD GO HERE INSTEAD.
rayword45 is offline   Reply With Quote