Old 08-16-2021, 03:05 PM   #13
xXOpkillerXx
Forever OP
Simfile JudgeFFR Simfile AuthorD8 Godly KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Default Re: Definition of a FFR AA

Quote:
Originally Posted by WirryWoo View Post
If the primary goal of introducing AA is to replace FC counts
No it's not. It came from the FC discussion, but it's not related to FC at all.

Quote:
In other rhythm game communities, AA is simply just a grade received on your performance of the file. This can cause more confusion for new Etterna players thinking "wtf why is it so easy to get an AA on FFR lmfao?" If you really want to introduce AA, you might as well start introducing other grades like A, B, C, etc. in this definition as well.
If we start doing everything exactly like other games do, what's the point of being a different game ? Sure there's common sense like don't make "AA" mean you passed a song, but the point still holds.

Quote:
However, any hypothetical AA, A, B, C, D, etc. is not contributive to your skill rating. It's only just letters designed to unofficially and unnecessarily validate your own skills while playing this game. I say unofficially because these grades are not factored into the skill ratings computation and I say unnecessarily because your scores should be enough to make you feel proud.
Firstly it's not for you to decide how others perceive/gauge their performance; we have a main metric in FFR which is skill rating, outside of that can live other metrics to diversify the game.

Secondly, implying it's necessairly a pride thing is close minded: why can't people just have Fun trying to track how many files they can play decently on with a structured, automatic metric ?

Quote:
If the skill ratings formula is revamped to somehow incorporate these grades, then my vote would have switched to "Yes". Right now, the AA proposal just seems like another one of millions of random stats we currently have on this website lmfao.
Ok, your point is simply "I think we have enough secondary objectives". That's fine, but it's entirely subjective. If you dislike seeing more of these which arent mixed with the main metric, you're free to say so. Otherwise, there's no point in forbidding others to have this metric they find interesting/fun for whatever reason.
xXOpkillerXx is offline   Reply With Quote