View Single Post
Old 12-6-2018, 12:03 PM   #4
Dinglesberry
longing
FFR Veteran

Default Re: Finally going to the Doctor

A good way to check if you have carpal tunnel before you go is to turn ur hand so ur palm faces up, and quickly tap (basically just wrist jack or trill lel) on ur wrist right on the nerve before your hand, if you actually have carpal tunnel then usually it'll make your fingers go numb/tingle (at least it did for me when I went to the doctor) https://www.uofmhealth.org/health-library/hw212331 <--- heres a test you can do, the one im referring to is "Tinel's sign test", but theres a few other ways as well

hopefully its not actually carpal tunnel and its just RSI :( the only way to really "fix" carpal tunnel (which is like, when the nerve is pinched due to swelling or putting way too much stress on it for long periods of time etc) is Corticosteroid injections which basically reduce swelling, and hoping it heals, or in worst case scenario, surgery lol

I got RSI also but not in my fingers, for some reason its in my shoulders, probably because I basically used to just play exclusively wrist up, and jack files

also btw its really hard for doctors to diagnose RSI, usually RSI is diagnosed by like, eliminating everything else, like arthritis, carpal tunnel etc. If you feel pain like, clenching your hands etc, burning sensation etc, usually thats how they diagnose it.

Your pretty young though so it's most likely not arthritis, juvenile arthritis isn't toooo common, apparently about 1/10 people who are young have it, and usually it occurs without anything to cause it, and most of the time you outgrow it.. the only real way to tell is if you have like, family (such as aunts, uncles, parents etc) who have rheumatoid arthritis (in combination with blood tests to check if you have the genetic markers... i'd recommending asking the doctor to get you a bloodtest for HLA b27, usually thats the marker for arthritis, but having it be positive isn't definitive anyways unfortunately), since its a genetic thing, not usually something caused by overplaying. I personally think (and reaaalllly hope) its not arthritis cause arthritis is fucked lol, I'm sure you realize ur pain was caused by playing arrow game way too much and for too long lol so it's probably not that but you never know, worst case scenario they might refer you to a rheumatologist

(I basically just did your doctors visit for you lol dunno why, im bored xd It'll be good to get an official diagnosis though, cause then you can start working towards treating it etc.. for arthritis tho theres literally no treatment other than pain management, if you have it ur fucked D:)

Goodluck tho bro it was always fun playing with u or talking to u in arrow game, hopefully you can figure out whats wrong and make a speedy recovery <3

Last edited by Dinglesberry; 12-6-2018 at 12:25 PM..
Dinglesberry is offline   Reply With Quote