View Single Post
Old 05-19-2015, 10:14 PM   #1
MarcusHawkins
Constantly Improving!
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to MarcusHawkins
Default How should Secret Songs be handled?

For years, obtaining a certain amount of credits has been used to unlock Secret Songs. I want to make this thread, and say that I think this is not the way to do it, and here's why...

1. Gambling Hall
This is the major thing that alters the way in how you gain, and lose credits. Let's say someone who's been in this site for a long time has 250k credits, and decides to make a 250k credit bet. Well, if he loses, all of the hard work he/she put into this game to unlock and play the secret songs are now GONE! He then has to rack these credits back up to play these songs again!
In the opposite side, let's say we have a new person coming into FFR. Someone game him/her a certain amount of credits to Gamble with, so he/she gambles. Moments later, he/she just won 150k credits, and has all of the secret songs, meaning he/she put in little to no effort to unlock such songs. Of course, this will happen if you're lucky, but that's besides the point.
Do you see the problem in this scenario? Let's move on.

2. Credit Transfer Log
I used an example where someone took this feature to the advantage and gambled to get 150k, but there is another scenario. Another new person comes in to FFR, because his/her friend has an account. His/her friend is very rich in credits, and decides to gives the new person 150k credits, just so he can have the songs early on. Again, that new person required little to no effort to get the secret songs unlocked, therefore, can play such songs.
On the other hand, some user for no reason has 150k, and decides to give it all away. All of the hard work he put into for these secret songs are now gone, and that user regrets giving away all of his credits. Again, he has to rack them back up to get these songs back.

So here's a possible solution to this problem. Maybe, instead of credits to play secret songs, you can use that player's GT, or member length, and secret songs will unlock as you play more and more, and have been a member longer and longer. The main purpose of credits for secret songs anyway, is a representation to show your membership in FFR, so I think this would go very well! Hopefully, this way, no one will have to worry about gaining or losing credits anymore when wanting to play secret songs. They'll just play, and unlock as they go, without any cheats or alternatives!

So what do YOU think? Should credits unlocking secret songs stay the way it is, or can there be a more alternative method? I want to hear YOUR opinion!

-Marcus Hawkins

P.S. - If this offends any player in any way, I want to apologize, as it is not my intention to be mean, rude, or disrespectful. I just hope you'll understand, that's all!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost_Medley View Post

This man is three months too early.
Quote:
Originally Posted by badman7772 View Post
Guess I'll take another Quality Pack please. I won't have Hawkins luck but I'm sure I'll have badluck7772.

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Zenith_ View Post
what the fuck marcus lmao

Quote:
Originally Posted by rushyrulz View Post
You should all thank MarcusHawkins btw

Quote:
Originally Posted by DDRNGGin View Post
Marcus is probably going to be the main man to win this (You will always be my DDR brother for life, MarcusHawkins! )

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sky Kitten View Post
Best Newbie
1st: MarcusHawkins: 4

Up And Coming FFRer
2nd: MarcusHawkins: 3

Last edited by MarcusHawkins; 05-19-2015 at 10:18 PM..
MarcusHawkins is offline   Reply With Quote