View Single Post
Old 02-21-2019, 01:38 PM   #15
MixMasterLar
Beach Bum Extraordinaire
FFR Simfile Author

Send a message via AIM to MixMasterLar Send a message via Skype™ to MixMasterLar
Default Re: How viable are soft pads?

Can second that Precision Dance Pads are kind of low tier for the price. I play on one and considering I don't play much anyway because of my ankles they do the job but I really wish I didn't spend near 600 for it.

Can also second that if you can find the Red Octane thick form pads they are probably good if you want to just play something like 8s/9s on the old DDR scale and not worry that much on AAAing everything. We use to duct take that sonabeetch to the floor but chances are good you are not as heavy as I was/am and it won't slide that easily.

As far as metal pads are concerned, any old ones like Cobalt Flux or Blueshark that you find will likely need some serious work. If I was to buy another I would either wait on Impulse or just save the 3,000 bucks for an old cab instead. I have had way better luck fixing the actual cabinets then I have had with any home set up over the years.

I thought Impulse would be out right about now but I guess they got delayed? Wasn't it touted as coming out Winter 2018 at one point?

Facebook / Youtube / Twitter

MixMasterLar is offline   Reply With Quote