View Single Post
Old 06-27-2014, 11:20 PM   #38
rayword45
Local Teenage Wastebasket
FFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Default Re: Meh, let's do it again, this time for a year

Day 7: A Day At The Races by Queen (Album Choice: Remi C)

I laughed really hard when I got this choice. Thank you random.org

I'm also not depressed anymore, this'll be fun. I'm somewhat disappointed that this album doesn't contain any of the classics that I've heard. You know, Another One Bites The Dust, We Will Rock You, the forever classic Bohemian Rhapsody (that is pomp and bombast done right!). The closest thing to a song I think of as classic is Somebody To Love, but that was Jefferson Airplane. Anyways, let's see how I like this, I mean those songs were all pretty good, when it comes to stadium rock I'd much rather listen to Bohemian Rhapsody than some stupid Bon Jovi or REO Speedwagon bullcrap.

Those opening gongs are effing hilarious. And this first song totally rocks. Like, I would totally jump around like an idiot if I wasn't so lazy. This second song... I'm not convinced these guys are the best balladeers but hey, they are really good with harmonies. Not quite Brian Wilson level but they're pretty good. The song itself is kinda boring though. My wrists hurt. That is my excuse for getting more spare in my writing now.

This is not the Jefferson Airplane classic. It's not a bad song but I still prefer Grace Slick... No wait I hate Grace Slick. I prefer the rest of the Airplane. Or just Surrealistic Pillow since I've heard nothing else by the band.

I laughed a couple of times listening to this record. How much description do you need reviewing Queen? It's fucking Queen. Cheesy, bombastic, and arena-oriented rock. Those all sound like derogatory terms, and they may be, but who cares? Maybe this is a bit over-the-top but it still effing rocks.

Best Track: Tie Your Mother Down
Rating: 8/10

BEST AAAs: WANDERLUST, Pandora, Necropotence, Mourning The Lost, Eradication, Feldschlacht

Hey, we need some users on this site. Please join.

And if you have not recommended any albums yet, do so. Please. I have a goal to reach. Here.
NO WAIT THAT SHIT'S OLD GO HERE INSTEAD.
rayword45 is offline   Reply With Quote