View Single Post
Old 01-20-2018, 01:15 PM   #11
TheSaxRunner05
The Doctor
FFR Veteran

Default Re: I wanna be a big boy :D

I think the issue is in motivation. If you want to get bigger just to get bullies off your back, it's the wrong tact. If you want to bulk up as a form of personal improvement, that needs to be the motivation. People of all sizes can be bullied, and bulking up may or may not help.

Ever person will have a different experience of what works best to get through school. Even by college, most of that BS is past. Personally, I looked at it from a psychological perspective. In situations where I couldn't avoid the shitheads, I would not react to them, or react as little as possible. A lot of the people I saw getting bullied in middle and high school gave the bullies the reaction they were looking for. This doesn't excuse the bullying, just an observation I made over many years.

If you are going to start bulking up, do it to build your self confidence and self esteem. Building these will give you just as much to face off bullies than physical bulk. Most bullies I've met are looking for easy targets to harass and make themselves and their buddies laugh. Real shitheads, believe me, and when they get to the real, adult world, they may not be as bad. But schooling somehow brings about the shit-hole-y-ness in people.

Just my two cents.

TheSaxRunner05 is offline   Reply With Quote