noname219
FFR Wiki Admin
Wiki Administrator
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to noname219
Default Re: Song Corrections Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by qqwref View Post
Although I understand what bmah's trying to say, I don't think a question like "I'm wondering, what's the real official name for this song? it isn't clear" could possibly be an issue.
Anything could happen. And it's probably going to be case per case. For Charlotte Summer, I think I can figure it out without having to contact anybody, but that needs more research.
There's some other cases I really can't find what's going on, and we would have to contact some people outside FFR to get more information. We just have to be prudent on how to approach the artist.

Quote:
Originally Posted by qqwref View Post
Because all that "Suite No. 2 in B minor, BWV 1067" is just lookup data that identifies the piece. Nobody outside of the classical music community is going to remember a song by that number. Having many songs with similar notation will only make things harder to find. It may be useful to have that information listed somewhere, but the name of the song is not the place - and if you absolutely need to put it there, it should be after the common name of the song, so people can actually find the thing in the song list.
I had a conversation about this tonight with Crazyjayde and we were thinking on reworking on the classical music propositions... I think I've missed some few things in the process.
Anyway, as you said, it would be more convenient to have the common name first, then the "reference" name. Like this :
- "Moonlight Sonata" Piano Sonata no. 14, Op. 27, No. 2, Mov. 1
- "Badinerie" Suite No. 2 in B minor, BWV 1067
hi19hi19 did it this way on this thread, and we (Crazyjayde and me) thought it would be the best way to write them out (after a quite intense debate I should say ^^).

I would like to do the same thing with Japanese title, something like this for example :
- Border of Maximum (極限領域)
- Zephon (世音)
But, that would not be possible.

After we've gathered all the data and make the changes, I would like to set an extensive database (so we could have more information about everything concerning the songs and artists - something like the in-game song information thread). So far, I've set up this list, but the problem is that it's on another website. Probably like a wiki or something so people can add their own information. That would be cool.

edit : ninja'd

EDIT 2 : Thinking about : how are we going to write One Minute Waltz v2 ? Full name is Waltz in D flat major, Op. 64, No. 1. How are we going to tell the difference between the first version from the second if the search will cut out the last few characters ?
"Minute" Waltz, Op. 64, No. 1 v2 would be the correct way... What about "Minute Waltz v2", Waltz, Op. 64, No. 1 ?

Last edited by noname219; 03-30-2013 at 12:53 AM..
noname219 is offline   Reply With Quote