View Single Post
Old 02-21-2014, 08:22 AM   #126
Mourningfall
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Default Re: Song Corrections Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by noname219 View Post
Same name artists aren't really a problem at the moment here, we have no artists that have exactly the same name (even counting the blanket/limite permissions*). The goal is to keep the most precise information as provided by the musician. As far as I know, djcristo never released Devour under the aka "DJ Cristo" or "D.J. Cristo", I would agree with you that the name displayed should be "djcristo" for all three songs.
We should give him FFR Music Producer status also.

(bmah's answer was directed to me )

* there's only Wipeout and W1p3out that could create confusion
Could create confusion? I think it might have already.
Both artists webpages link to the same deleted soundcloud account, it could be that they're the same artist
or it could also be possible one of the files was mislabelled when it was submitted. (though I don't feel entirely confident about this just yet)

After a little digging the stylisation for "WipEOut" should be "Wip'E"Out", whom we've a conditional permission to step (restricting 3 songs), but I couldn't actually seem to find a blanket or conditional permission for W1p3out amongst the artist permissions thread.
Generally it seems as though once the artists permission's acquired the index is updated to include that artist and the site they were contacted on/their official website; but for w1p3out I couldn't seem to see anything. (The name shows up in the 8th post in the ABP thread under ingame song permissions, but there doesn't seem to be any links to the artists homepage or any indication that he'd given permission at all)
It turns out he was an old school simfiler for SM, so we could have gotten permission through a staff member having known him personally, but there doesn't seem to be any observable proof.
I was just trying to verify whether or not the two were one and the same, but it seemed to raise more questions than it answered.

Last edited by Mourningfall; 02-21-2014 at 09:11 AM.. Reason: crappy syntax, I need to learn to proofread when I'm tired ^^
Mourningfall is offline   Reply With Quote