View Single Post
Old 03-30-2020, 04:41 PM   #5
xXOpkillerXx
Forever OP
Simfile JudgeFFR Simfile AuthorD8 Godly KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Default Re: RevAmped Introduction Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by XelNya View Post
Your stance on music permissions is pretty goddamn terrible, and it’s impeccably disrespectful, and no amount of preemptive language to the contrary changes that.

Also I’m going to be that guy: the time spent on this would be better suited to taking something that currently exists and expanding on it. There is no need to make a middle ground to FFR and Etterna, Etterna is a better product than both what you are aiming for, and most modern rhythm games as a whole.

I’d be glad to play it when it is done though to see if I am wrong.
To each their own eh To me this project is not only a chance at attempting to show my ideals of a rhythm game, but first and foremost it's a really cool project to learn from.

As for the permissions stance; mine is totally subject to change during the development of this project.That being said however, you describe Etterna as pretty much the superior VSRG but I believe it's the less strict in terms of permissions ? So I must admit I'm a bit confused as to what you meant there.

Finally, although I suppose it's in my best interest to convince you and other people that my game will not be pointless, your statement that "there is no need (for this)" is purely subjective in terms of what that *need* even means. For that reason, I probably can't quite prove you wrong.

In any case, I do like to invite people to the discord to follow the experience if that's something they like; to see the good and bad moves I make. ^^

Last edited by xXOpkillerXx; 03-30-2020 at 04:44 PM..
xXOpkillerXx is offline   Reply With Quote