View Single Post
Old 11-29-2020, 05:38 PM   #2145
DaBackpack
~ お ま ん こ ~

Send a message via Skype™ to DaBackpack
Default Re: TWG 198 - TWGabout Succession [GAME THREAD]

Quote:
Originally Posted by the sun fan View Post
I'm not much of one for staying humble outwardly, but inwardly, I'd say that I know a lot less about the game than people might expect me to be comfortable admitting

I think rather highly of your game, and I know you don't really peacock around with an elaborate train, but this post seems to jutted out compared to what I think you ought to be thinking of yourself.

Not because (if you're town) you should never be mislynched or something like that because you really seem like you're at a loss, and even when the shit continuously and unrelentingly hit the fan in the Animal Crossing game, you really seemed like you at least knew what to do next.

I think you would agree that you defense has been unconvincing, but why? What's different about this position in this game that's left you at such a loss as town?
I'm really not that good at solving on average, which is why I took the approach I did this phase. By approaching Plop's play from like 5 different angles, I've hopefully minimized risk, because any singular observation isn't holding up the Jenga Tower by itself.

At the end of the day, the closest we have to "objective truth" is that Plopadop is the one person who most people have ascribed some wolf equity to. I trust FG a lot as a player and she wanted him gone. Raeko wants him gone. Xiz was weirded out by him.

A wagon formed around him yesterday but it almost completely dissolved and shifted to the Subaru, a confirmed town.

Furthermore, Plop has been "too correct" this game, if that makes sense. There are traces of TMI in his posting history. I really stand by my read about his response to Ulli's mechanics post. Most people would naturally have some concern about her post. Plop even acknowledges the reason WHY people would have concern with it. But instead of giving the "natural response"--- not even a scumlean, but showing SOME sort of trepidation--- Plop's townread on her ends up becoming convoluted and unintuitive.

As I said, "oh, this post is too wolfy to come from a wolf, so she has to be town!" is not a thing most players would immediately settle on.

Giving Ulli a town read like this DOES give the wolf team a strategic advantage. It allows the wolves to split their votes and not pile onto a single wagon. It superficially makes Plop look like he's trying to solve the game. But in this one case, the reality is that him bending over backwards to play the role of "town contrarian" does indeed look like contortionism.

----------

It's not just one thing that stands out to me about Plop. I think lynching him here is the mechanically correct play, even based solely on the wishes of the dead. I shot Ulli in the night because that was the mechanically correct play. If I had another vigi shot I would undoubtedly shoot Plop here because of the same feeling.

It's too hard to exclude him from PoE, and he is highly compatible with several other members of the scum pool. He is, in a sense, the lowest common denominator lynch today. And I understand that Freezin and sunfan really, really want each other dead, but I'm not really in the mood to risk it and put the cart before the horse.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moogy View Post
no one cares
Quote:
Originally Posted by TWG Dan Hedgehog View Post
there are 743 matches for hedgehog suicide on deviantart
that's kind of a sad statistic