View Single Post
Old 05-29-2023, 10:53 PM   #7
smartdude1212
2 is poo
FFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Default Re: smartdude1212 winning the PIU tournament at AN 2023

Much love to you all; thanks for watching us sweat our asses off and cheering us on! And a big thanks to Dossar for the pics and vids!

Shoutouts to Pete for taking 4th (before giving it up because He Needs To Learn Doubles (Or Else)), Andy, and Kommi. I'm sorry again, Kommi, for leading you like a lamb to the slaughter in our top 8 matchup.

I Twitch-streamed the tournament from my phone, so I'll be chopping up the vods and posting the videos to YT sometime this week.

PIU has been my primary focus for a while now -- really since I started playing it in early 2018, although my focus in more recent months has been on Chunithm. I got third at the PIU tournament during AN 2019, and that, along with buying my own machine in mid-2020, really propelled me to get better. If you're familiar with my FFR grind from years (dare I say a decade+...) ago, then you'll get a sense of how much time I've poured into these other rhythm games now. But FFR was, and continues to be, the solid foundation that started it all, and I'm so glad we can share these moments as a community even as life pulls us in different directions.

<33333
smartdude1212 is offline   Reply With Quote