View Single Post
Old 12-2-2020, 10:13 PM   #96
the sun fan
FFR Player

Default Re: TWG 198 - TWGabout Succession [Postgame Thread]

gotta be honest, I was avoiding this postgame for a while

its... not as bad as I thought it was going to be

I'm still totally at a loss for how to handle toxicity, I'm not going to lie. I don't know what to do. Other moderators seem more sure of themselves than I am on this.

I don't want to punish anyone for toxicity at any time. I don't think anything in this game got there. I don't think that this postgame needed to be like this.

I am biased here. I like ffa. I do think he sometimes doesn't have the care for other people's feelings (I specifically am talking about when you got banned on ZeldaDungeon for your comments on Dexgate, ffa). I like him in spite of this, because I think he's an interesting person to talk to, we share interests in pokemon, and I enjoy very greatly the fact that two people of differing political stances (to certain extents) in the current times can get along.

I acknowledge people's opinions on ffa. I am not going to say you have to like comments he makes. It is my personal belief that he doesn't think highly of himself in any way in mafia, and just is commenting the same way someone taking a selfie of their beergut with the caption "just got back from the gym, check out my 6-pack" while holding a real 6-pack is meant to be funny while also somewhat depricating. (But I think more highly of ffa than maybe he does in mafia? not super relevant)

I would ask people to read some of his posts with that context, even if he doesn't come across that way, I feel like I virtually know that is his intention. I have seen him in other communities, plural, and it does hurt to see people gang up on someone I like like this, even if I know its because of their own perceptions that I can see as valid.

I have said before that I don't think ffa ever got over his first impression, it took a long time for me to forget that he got modkilled in his first three games on FFR. I ask the impossible when I say that people should rewind time and go back before then, I don't think it ends up this way.

But I wish it could happen.

I like you guys a lot, this place is something I check literally every day for almost the past decade (nerd). I will remember some of the stuff for the rest of my life, and it really makes me sad when stuff like this happens. I don't know what I can do here, there might be nothing, idk.

FFR is a pretty good place somehow.