View Single Post
Old 09-1-2020, 07:02 PM   #14
mi40
FFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Default Re: Stock Market Chit Chat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funnygurl555 View Post
do you think that's a good time to invest then?

edit: i mean when the bubble pops
the dot com bubble lasted for some years (although it really took off in the last few months of its duration) and it was completely different to what it is now.

back then, companies with literally 0 relation to the .com or Internet just slapped on '.com' at the end of their current names and it would just skyrocket in value for no real reason..

at least now we have things like apple and even tesla which has an actual business model.. and some stuff like nikola (without a real business model) being valued at tens of billions.

if anything, people should look to make money off of this stupidity and the retail investors flooding (this includes you, and me) but also have a valid exit plan. after joining the workforce i've met all kinds of people, including people whom you'd never expect to be "wealthy," like people who've flipped houses during 2005-2007 for millions of dollars when they knew all too well it was a bubble.

basically, the market can remain irrational longer than you can remain solvent. so why not enjoy the ride? personally speaking i'm up $18,000 today and i didn't even contribute anything to society. it's really, a joke honestly.