View Single Post
Old 11-6-2012, 06:05 PM   #24
igotrhythm
Fractals!
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to igotrhythm
Default Re: Rarity Attempts 400 Dresses (LOOMING MIX) [75 or 77]

I agree with Foxfire about the 1-99 usage because, hey, signature. QQ's doing it too.

About the topic in question, I found this surprisingly difficult to FC because the file requires no small amount of vigilance--you can't let up until the WHOLE pattern is finished. Exacerbating this problem is the fact that in order to get good PA on the 32nds you have to keep your jumps coherent, not unlike the wall in Press Start (another 75) and then transition right out of that into two-handed trill patterns while maintaining that frenetic 1000 tpm rate. Those without the necessary control and anticipation will fall for the bootraps coming out of those...my best is 7-2-0-7, and going into the middle I had 4-1-0-4.

Speaking of, while the middle is a refreshing break, those with less stamina will nevertheless be worn down by whoring this file. The BPM change means that 32nd streams now have to be hit as 8ths, which can be flag bait. And when the song comes back, at around 1050 combo, it does so with a vengeance...8th trill right into a 32nd burst. More flag bait.

As the fast parts aren't as long as in most other songs of its level, combined (I want to write "comboed") with the difficulty inherent in PAing the bursts as intended, I'm fine with this song staying a 75. It has no business breathing the same rarefied air as Lolo and FN.