View Single Post
Old 08-15-2021, 04:47 PM   #12
xXOpkillerXx
Forever OP
Simfile JudgeFFR Simfile AuthorD8 Godly KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Default Re: FC Stat bar - New Implementation

Quote:
Originally Posted by One Winged Angel View Post
Yes, the times this has come up over the years I've brought up and have been a big advocate of establishing a relative boo count threshold to make full combos more meaningful if the bar was to stay. 2% of max note count is likely ideal, though personally I wouldn't mind if it was marginally stricter.

Either way if the FC bar stays or goes I'd rather an SDG bar just be added, we're long overdue for that.
In this case I'd have to ask: Why do you believe an FC should be defined as not only what it literally means (Full Combo), but also as a "decent score" ? My quick guess would be "relevance of the stat relative to the main metric" (because you said "meaningful"), which is fine but also makes it less "original" in a sense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by benny58624 View Post
I also disagree with allowing a certain amount of boos. Boos should either break your combo or not break your combo. It wouldn't make sense to only break the combo after X amount of boos. But indeed, other than that it'd be more subjective. Most rhythm games I know do break the combo on a wrongly pressed note (e.g. Guitar Hero). That makes more sense to me.
I think that's very fair. I don't immediately have an opinion on this.

Last edited by xXOpkillerXx; 08-15-2021 at 04:48 PM..
xXOpkillerXx is offline   Reply With Quote