View Single Post
Old 10-15-2010, 10:03 AM   #2
Afrobean
Admiral in the Red Army
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to Afrobean
Default Re: Tom Hardy ("Eames" from Inception) confirmed in new Batman role

Can we get the thread title changed to "Untitled Nolan Batman sequel (2012)" or something so we can keep all of the discussion of this movie in one thread? This one little bit of information isn't enough alone to warrant a thread.

Was this seriously confirmed though? I thought it was just a rumor that he was cast, just like before there were tons of rumors that Joseph Gordon-Levitt was on the shortlist to be cast.

I'm hoping for Riddler and Hush for this movie. Per that, I'm going to say that I'm hoping for Hardy to be Tommy Elliot.

Deadshot has almost no chance of happening though. He was adapted into Smallville because Smallville is using the Suicide Squad, and I don't think Nolan would have ever allowed WB to use Deadshot in that way if he was planning on using him. Remember: it's his Batman films that have kept Batman from appearing in live action on TV in any way at all, and in fact, Deadshot is the first Batman enemy to appear on Smallville. His use of Scarecrow, Ra's al Ghul and Twoface also kept those characters from being used in the animated "The Batman" series, although I guess they're appearing in The Brave and the Bold cartoon now.

Black Mask could actually happen. I wouldn't mind seeing him too much. As far as mafia-type characters, he's definitely among the ones I would most like to see, along with a more true-to-form Penguin. If they delve deep into the mafia stuff, I'd also like to see Matches Malone appear.

And Bane could happen, but I wouldn't expect someone like Tom Hardy to do it. I'm not sure who I would expect but he doesn't feel right to me. Doesn't feel burly enough.

ps did you hear the rumors of Killer Croc? No way in hell is that gonna happen. It all came about because they're planning on using New Orleans for filming because of the great tax breaks. Some fools heard "New Orleans", figured "swamps", then jumped right over to "Killer Croc". I guess they missed the part where Green Lantern is filming there too and swamps don't play into that movie at all.