Thread: Path of Exile
View Single Post
Old 01-26-2013, 02:10 PM   #8
swordmasterz
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to swordmasterz
Default Re: Path of Exile

Heh I was going to start a topic about this

Currently level 36 marauder breaking into Cruel, name Babewizm. Let's get some usernames up and we can party/PvP together (o:

Planning a good character definitly takes some effort. I know I already messed up this guy by taking some dumb route to get Blood Magic.

Cool features about this game you might be interested in:
- Dat skill tree. (though not everyone might like this)
- Tons of customization in builds. I'm not sure how many are end-game viable, but check the Youtube series "Path of Exile Build of the Week" to see some of the clever things people came up with during closed beta. I think this one is pretty interesting: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LEDc5lSk87k
- The environments in this game are pretty nice. Downright creepy in Act III, you'll see if you play it through.
- Non-standard currency in orbs, which perform various tasks. It is a very experimental currency but I can see it working, and it doesn't inflate as much because of the gambling aspect involved with them.
- End-game involving the creation of 'custom' dungeons (or PvP which is out right now unlike D3's lel)
- It's free! (barring cosmetic microtransactions and such)

Some problems that I have with the game though:

- Combat/gameplay is kind of unfluid overall, if you're coming from something like D3. This is my one major issue with the game.
- Minimap is excessively detailed imo. Also doesn't work too well with transparency in bright lighting
- This game is pretty hard. It's not as noticeable in Act I, but Act III definitely caught me by surprise given that it was supposed to be normal difficulty.
- Right now servers are experiencing some issues and people are getting randomly disconnected and such, though this should pass with time.

I think if you like games like Torchlight, Diablo, or other ARPGs, this game is worth checking out. Plus it's free, what could go wrong (o: