View Single Post
Old 12-19-2020, 01:43 PM   #1207
MyNameIsNothing
ʕ◡ᴥ◡✿ʔ
FFR Veteran

Default Re: Recommend me some 2020 albums halp

beep boop big unranked year end chart behind the link

you've reviewed a bunch of these already, but would love to see your takes on a few of them, mostly meitei, gallery s, zora jones, jean dawson, tim reaper and jockstrap.

as for things you've already reviewed,

re: some of the more ~zoomer~ adjacent things you've reviewed this year: zoomer music peaked this year with this, pulling from the soundcloud glitchcore scene and dogshow records stuff that has blown up in the 1000 gecs wake. some features dont land super hard but the super collaborative online spirit is here in full force. (and while u reviewed the food house record idk if you heard thos moser, which blows everything on that project out of the water)

re: bladee: 333 is boring but i really enjoy exeter, maybe you'd like that one more?

re: jessie ware: what's your pleasure is my definite AOTY, was glad to see u give it a 9! was huge on every single during this album rollout and when the rest of the album was same quality it was a lock. AOTY and maybe my favorite full length since CRJ's Emotion in 2015.

re: ichiko aoba: i dont love it as much as 2018s qp or 2013s 0 but i see why this blew up so hard on rym. ichiko aoba already had a really decent following on there (as far as japanese language artists go) and when they redid their sorting algorithm on there earlier this year 0 shot up to first place of 2013 bringing in a lot of new fans. that combined with this being her lushest production to date and day 1 buzz from fans giving it a high chart debut definitely helped. its definitely good but a confluence of factors i think led to its strong chart performance. i still really love it myself, but hope it encourages other ppl to check out her earlier work.

re: new avalanches: this was kind of a disappointment for me but im glad others are really enjoying it. wildflower is an all time favorite and since i left you isnt far behind. there are some major hits (born to die has been on loop since the album dropped) but little with it has stuck with me after 4 listens and the features are wiiiiiildly inconsistent for me. we'll see what i think in like a year though, havent had a ton of time to spend with this one yet.
MyNameIsNothing is offline   Reply With Quote