View Single Post
Old 01-14-2020, 02:56 PM   #1048
rayword45
Local Teenage Wastebasket
FFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Default Re: Recommend me some 2019 albums halp

Day 699: Good Luck, Everybody by AJJ

Oh yeah, that last album was my first "2020" album. I should change the thread title.

Anyways, here goes number two! I listened to the FUCK out of these guys during those late middle school early high school days, but... I don't remember if I've listened to anything past Knife Man. Lemme go check.

Nope I haven't. WAIT! That's a lie, I heard them cover Neil Young and Smelly Turd Poops for AV Club! Now most of those videos are missing, including the latter one. HAHAHA just kidding I THOUGHT it was lost but somehow when I googled it today it came up! Maybe I just suck at googling. Oh well, I'm playing that right now, and while it isn't as good as I remember, it kicks the shit outta Stone Temple Pilots! And suddenly now, I'm remembering that I tried to listen to the album they released after Knife Man and it was boring and devoid of energy and passion and then I gave up. Well, I hope this is better than my (potentially wrong) memories of that album.

...Nah sorry I'm unimpressed. They must've come into a lot of money since 2012-2014 and I just forgot about it, but somehow this sounds like the most produced thing I've ever heard from them. The rawness of their earliest albums and Knife Man are what makes it so I still listen to them every now and then, there's a sense of "urgency" in those songs that makes it feel like they could fall apart at any time, and I'm just not feeling this slicker vibe.

And even so, produced isn't necessarily bad! But none of the songs stood out as particularly memorable, and in such a short album, that's not very good. Maybe this will reveal more with repeat listens but... ah who am I kidding gonna be years before I try to listen to this again.

Best Track: Body Terror Song
Rating: 4/10

BEST AAAs: WANDERLUST, Pandora, Necropotence, Mourning The Lost, Eradication, Feldschlacht

Hey, we need some users on this site. Please join.

And if you have not recommended any albums yet, do so. Please. I have a goal to reach. Here.
NO WAIT THAT SHIT'S OLD GO HERE INSTEAD.
rayword45 is offline   Reply With Quote