Old 08-26-2020, 12:18 AM   #781
psychoangel691
Retired Staff
All the things
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to psychoangel691
Default Re: 13th Official Tournament

Also Maggie and I did have a chat over the discord so let me also address:

We are aware that mistakes were made, and we do apologise for it. We don't intend on coming off as dismissive as we do at times to people's complaints, just at times it feels like we're getting slammed from all angles and we're still trying to manage the whole thing and it can get super stressful.

It's impossible to perfect this, and we've tried a few various things over the years to improve but it's incredibly hard with a community that has so much diversity and different needs.
A file you may be looking at as "awkward" is one we're looking at like "okay this doesn't play to just one skillset, this is perfect for keeping things more fair"
The circle pit thing was our major flub and I should have looked at it more. We'd hit the point of running out of files that would fit in areas and I just looked at the rating rather than looking at the file. I should have checked it more thoroughly myself.

We were running into several issues that I was trying my best to mitigate, like some people were upset that files from the OT batch weren't going to get used, but not all of them fit. So I tried cramming more in to address this issue when I probably could have made a better fit pulling from elsewhere.

Fortunately these issues should be mitigated moving forward now that the batch system has been updated the way it has. People can imply if they're okay with their files being held which means we can start stockpiling much earlier and hopefully not even have to have a specific batch for it going forward.
There's a team of people on difficulties now that will be going over everything that lands in the accepted queue. We'll likely still have flubs even still because honestly there's no exact science for this and you guys are always surprising us with how hard you find files. But hopefully we'll be a lot closer to the mark and not have another major error come up.

Anyway, I just wanted ya'll to know what was going down and that we are working on improving, there's even a dedicated team now for 100+ files.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBackpack View Post
also a fucking helicopter is the absolute last place I'd go to find out how big my dick is
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow_God_10 View Post
Dawg you don't even know. It's so fuckin' small I can use a pen cap to jack off

Quote:
Originally Posted by hi19hi19 View Post
yeah I'mma go for the Rave7 route she's just perfect, stiff on the top, thin in the middle, and has a BIG THICC END that I can just jack on all night UwU best girl
psychoangel691 is offline   Reply With Quote