View Single Post
Old 07-6-2018, 08:42 PM   #12
One Winged Angel
Anime Avatars ( ◜◡^)っ✂╰⋃╯
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorD8 Godly KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Default Re: Entropy Gain for per-receptor NPS

Yes with the latter part of my post you can assume the same as noted in the former, or better yet just a fairly equal note distribution for all four notes. Barring bullshit like anchors or one hand trills or patterning that trivializes the section almost entirely (like a giant roll), the stream would still likely have a slight edge in difficulty. I'd be willing to bet there's a considerably larger amount of D7+ players that can maintain better PA on 250 dense js over 375 streaming, despite equal nps.

edit:
Quote:
Originally Posted by xXOpkillerXx View Post
That is very much depending on the patterns still.
Quote:
Originally Posted by xXOpkillerXx View Post
I believe that judging the difficulty of files by their patterns, even if it seems intuitive, is the wrong way to go.
op ily but i'm very confused (and i disagree wholeheartedly with the second quote; many difficulty algorithms largely rooted in nps to calc difficulty failed because they couldn't account for wild difficulty swings for charts at the same bpm due to incredibly lenient or extremely abrasive patterning)

I want to say patashu's TS difficulty calc took into account receptor nps and the results were super memey, but maybe you'll do it better (or maybe I'm mistaken and it just involved nps as a whole)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilikexd View Post
i want to be cucked by cirno

Last edited by One Winged Angel; 07-6-2018 at 08:53 PM..
One Winged Angel is offline   Reply With Quote