Old 03-12-2009, 09:39 AM   #28
Squeek
let it snow~
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Squeek
Default Re: Another awesome fantasy MMO is launched

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaguchiTheCat View Post
But it IS something to be ashamed of. That's just it. Humans and their devil-may-care attitude have done so many ireversable things to this planet, like endanger certain animals, kill off certain animals, create lots and lots of smog and air pollution, chop down forests to almost nothing, and most people aren't doing anything about it. They just sit there, and wait for the world to end.

Also, I looked through that list of links, and I do not get what you are saying.

1: Yoshi's not a furry.
2: All those series have gone to the dogs. ...Except maybe Klonoa.
3: When I said I want GOOD games staring things besides humans, I mean GOOD games. And so far, the games made these days have mostly failed to hold my interest for very long.
4: Just cause it stars a human doesn't make it bad. But personally, I'd have more fun if it stared something else.

Also, Fido, what you said about furries is a steriotype. Most of the people I know who have animals as their personal character are actually nice, good-hearted people, who actually handle themselves well in these situations. Infact, they actually deal with situations better than humafags, who usually blow up in these kinds of situations and make a spectical of themselves.

Note: Humafags = Anti-Furries
No offense, but don't talk about things you know nothing about, let alone compare these things to a sexual fetish.

Millions of species of animals died on Earth before humans even existed. Is that humanity's fault too?

You hear these things from environmental idiots. They sound awesome in theory, like animal liberation and a strict bearing-down of the Endangered Species Act rules. You have no idea what impact environmental concepts would have on the world. If you want to save the world, the best place to start would be to ignore everything environmentalists say, because their goals are just pipe dreams. They don't think of the consequences of their actions.

What happens if you decide to protect all endangered species? You close off the expansion of commerce. Any land that someone currently owns or plans to own that has any endangered animal on it becomes closed off. I'd say that leaves us with about 5% of the land in our country to use.

What happens if we protect the trees? Then we have to buy all of our wood from other countries, destroying hundreds of thousands of jobs in America. And just so you know, trees are a renewable resource. When they cut trees down, they plant more. Is that such a hard concept to understand?

But you're only thinking America, probably. Guess what happens if you limit the logging industry worldwide? You kill millions of people. Guess what happens if you try to place a tax on oil so people stop using so much? You kill millions of people. Guess what happens if you try to save every animal on Earth? You kill millions of people. You can't use America as a measure of what the rest of the world "needs" to do.

I personally couldn't care less what you decide to believe in for your personal life, but research your public opinions before you set yourself to them, please. And don't trust a goddamn word PETA says, in case you did before.
Squeek is offline   Reply With Quote