bmah
shots FIRED
Global Moderator, User Support, Judge
Global ModeratorFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Default Re: Batch Review Thread v2.0

CONTINUATION OF JANUARY 1, 2012 BATCH

Judge Team 2

who_cares973

[Resubmission] Identity (DarkZtar) - notes are early by an entire 16th note please fix this. 16th note at 88.715 doesnt go to anything. 16th at 107.5 shouldnt be a jump because the guitar doesnt hit on the 16th. you didnt layer the guitar at 135.75 but you did in the section right after. extra 16th at 198.97. a fade out at like 199 and ending a couple seconds later wouldve been great. [7/10]

[Resubmission] Intensive Care Unit (VisD) - in the beginning 123 pattern if you listen to the song it doesnt keep that same pattern the entire time. changing it to something else when the music changes would be a great way to vary that up a bit. same thing goes for the 234 pattern, the 134 pattern and the 124 pattern.. missing 8th at 19.675 and every time after this. a suggestion because the way you're laying this file makes it a lot harder than it really should be but maybe try not adding jumps to the melody the entire time. also the same thing with the mini rolls in the beginning apply to the mini rolls at the end of the file. seems like you fixed everything that was mentioned last time you submitted but this file still has a ways to go [5/10]

[Resubmission] Mutant Sixty Four (ninjaKIWI) - looks like you fixed everything. some repetitiveness is still there but nothing that repeats for too long [7/10]

[Resubmission] Press Start (YOSHl) - looks like you got everything. that 134 colour roll is so gay though. [8/10]

[Resubmission] THE LITTLE MERMAID (hi19hi19) - 16th jump at 13.81 doesnt go to anything. so gay [8/10]

{Stay with me} (psychoangel691) - the intro is waaaaaaay too long for a song this repetive. cut it down to under 1:30 so it doesnt feel like the song drags on. also the file is very repetitive because of how repetitve the song is. dont be afraid to change up patterns!! [5/10]

beyond the summer sky ~Maid To Order~ (bmah) - at 63 maybe make the roll start at 1 that way you can have the 16th jump be a [34] jump and roll with the 32nd not abruptly change up the flow. also make it so the file isnt so intense on the right hand. you have a lot of long 8th jacks on strictly 4. shift some of them over to the other arrows to make it not feel so right handed. [7/10]

DO IT YOURSELF (bmah) - file fine those hands feels so out of place though [8/10]

Electric Daisy Violin (iironiic) - a cut at 153 would be great [7/10]

Korean Madness (_.Spitfire._) - needs 2 seconds of silence. the 23[14] is used a bit much but great file aside from that [8/10]

Louder!! Louder!!!! Louder!!!!!! (megamon88) - at 68.89 try not starting with a jump especially at that speed. id like to see those 192nd/8th/4th note jumps being replaced with regulard 4th or 8th note jump only because of what converting the file to .swf will do. you can keep the 192nd notes to louder but try to have it just be on single notes. if theres a jump have the jump either be all 192nd or all of the other note interval. [8/10]

LUV TO ME 2011 (bmah) - what do the 16th notes at 57.149 go to? same question to the 16ths at 69.225 and again at 105.451 [8/10]

My Half (choofers) - at 42.531 you have 64th notes that im guessing are a colour note gimmick but you never adjust the bpm to make up for the offsync so the notes remain off sync. go back and adjust the bpm as needed so the 64th notes stay on sync please. the 12th at 46.76 should be a 64th. along with the 16th at 59.589 theres also a 8th right before it. step that really long empty section you have that starts at 61.731. your hand usage is a bit weird. you step hands to sounds in one section then a little later you dont step hands to the same sounds(114.789 for example you had as a hand earlier on but didnt here) go back and make sure you dont forget any hands anywhere. at 125.160 it should just be three notes(4th 8th 4th). missing note at 131.331. the 16ths at 198.274 dont go to anything same goes with that 32nd at 210.860 [7/10]

NaiNai 69 (Coolboyrulez0 + _.Spitfire._) - huge improvement over the file i played several batches ago. only real concern in that jump after the long 32nd roll, maybe just take that out completely and just end at the 32nd. it might not be technically right to take out the jump but it'll make that part easier to hit [8/10]

Neopandemic (PrawnSkunk) - all the 48th accent notes should be after the 4th not before!! also if you're adding 16ths to the percussion like you did at 27.074 then you should add them everywhere else too. if you chose to add them though just add single notes dont make them jumps lol. [7/10]

New Windy Paradise (bmah) - from 31.985 to 59.641 try adding more than what you currently have. this is a huge amount of time thats really empty compared to the rest of the file. adding the percussion would improve this section a lot. [8/10]

Nightrain (trumaestro) - lol multiple charts. i'll judge anyway since medium only has 3 notes which you probably forgot to remove. layiering is a bit odd but i get what you're doing. file is fun and i have no complaints. [8/10]

N's Farewell (Xx{Midnight}xX) - you step accent notes in places but you leave hands where there should be accent notes for example at 9.291 it would be more consistent if you ditched the hand and just had a jump+accent note. also the file is early by a 48th. having the notes off by this much also messes with your accent notes and bursts to the piano. so you might have to rework this file after fixing the sync [6/10]

Orange Juice (Interlude) (VisD) - missing notes at 59.264 and at 64.836 the very last place holder note can be removed. the beginning can also be stepped since the song already has two seconds of silence so you can step from when the music actually starts. [6/10]

Phalanx (ninjaKIWI) - file needs 2 seconds of silence. some of the 32nd bursts are awkward to hit but fun file [8/10]

Pitch Black (FFR Edit) (hi19hi19) - the section that starts at 45.941 along with using 1 4 also use 2 3 for variety. also dont forget to cut out the extra part of the song to reduce file size!! [8/10]

Pokamen Party (megamon88) - maybe make the hand at 107.896 into just a jump so it doesnt create a 16th jack at 202 bpm. same every where else something like this repeats [8/10]

Princess Lolitits (ninjaKIWI) - 2 sec of silence needed. that was really fun [8/10]

Punch You (Coolboyrulez0) 2 seconds of silence. the jump at 20.028 doesnt make sense with the rest of the layering in this section same with the jump at 21.222. change up the patterns from 14.356-32.267 so you dont have the entire section anchored to the up and right arrow. [<7/10]

Punch You (Sticklydude) - 16th jump at 43.713 should just be a single note. at 67.623 it should be an 8th note. at 73.320 it should be a 48th. you should add a note at 78.519 for that last little noise. [7/10]

Punkture (DossarLX ODI) - offset is wrong. check the beginning up to 9.213 because you have extra notes there that go to nothing. layer the second half of the file where you just have single notes. it feels really empty compared to the first half where you layer in the percussion. [6/10]

Raburabu 79.99% Kyuu Sekkin ~Tonarino Kare Ha Nokogiri Nami~ (Coolboyrulez0) - offset is wrong the notes are early. considering the difficulty of when you add jumps to the basskick and create 16th jumptrills i think you should layer the file more so to reduce the huge difficulty spike. alternatively you can also remove the jump trills and tone everything down to reduce the huge difficulty spikes. [5/10]

Rainbow Tylenol (DarkZtar) - notes are early fix the offset. maybe layer the snare in the section starting at 30.991 to match the rest of the first half. you might also want to think about layering the snare in the solo that starts at 52.324. dont layer the snare during the 24ths or 32nds though. while the 32nds you have there are technically accurate realize that when compared to the rest of the file those 32nds make no sense. there are other alternatives. you layer in the basskick at 87.879 but dont in the following section and you do in the section after that. keep it consistent because the song doesnt change at all in those 3 sections. [<6/10]

Rainbow Tylenol (PrawnSkunk) - tone down the 32nds at 64.682 or make the patterns easier. [7/10]

Reggaeton Virtual [Heavy](psychoangel691) - starting at 51.933 the 16th notes dont make any sense it looks like everything got shifted up so all the 16th notes are landing on nothing [7/10]

Reggaeton Virtual [Standard](psychoangel691) - considering this is suppose to be the easier file and because those 64th grace notes dont make sense with the rest of the file i suggest removing them.[7/10]

Remember 15 Years Ago (Coolboyrulez0) - offset is wrong notes are early. 2 seconds of silence needed. a cut at 155.939 would be cool. you should step the snare as a jump throughout the entire file to make the file feel not so empty. also during the violin section step the 1234 guitar for the same reason. [7/10]

Satanic Unicorn Orgy (DossarLX ODI) - this song [8/10]

Star Wars Anthology (Sticklydude) - nice file [8/10]

Station 77 (Anaru) you have 16th jumps that dont go to anything during that 16th js section(for example at 107.433) go back and take out the jumps on the 16ths that dont go to anything. [7/10]

Storm Raid Battle (0) - not a fan of the 64th grace note that you added but the rest of the file is good [8/10]

Sunday Afternoon Jam (icontrolyourworld) - fun [8/10]

super mario bros theme (original nintendo is awesome remix) (YOSHl) - those 192nds during the js might suck when converted [8/10]

Super Signal Force (DossarLX ODI) - from 42.24 to 60.24 why did you stop layering the snare? also change up the patterns up in this section because its really repetitve. the song is no excuse to repeat the patterns!!! [7/10]

Tequila (Anaru) - offset is wrong the notes are early. 34.960 this pattern blows maybe change it to 4[34]4[34] [8/10]

teraholic (00Razor00) - the 12th at 59.797 should be a 32nd same when it repeats every time after this in the section. at 102 and every time after it why do you stop adding 24th to that buzz sound? [7/10]

To Make the End of Battle (DarkZtar) - notes are early fix the offset. you might as well step the rest of the file. the abrupt stop feels weird. the file was ok though but stopping the file like that doesnt feel right [6/10]

Tomorrow Untrodden (VisD) - might want to get rid of that jack at 55.492. the 48th and 192nd grace notes could be taken out or replaced with jumps.also you might want to keep it with 18th stream from 53.484-70.626 and then instead of layering the violin and adding all those jumps you put just 16th notes and layerin the guitar. [7/10]

Trisection v2 (trumaestro) - what happened to hey wc.sm ? 8/10]

umad (MarioNintendo) - not a fan of the 192nd usage [8/10]

Universe in Mother Earth (Elite Ninja) add the 16th to that melody in the beginning starting at 12.172. and starting at 72.803 layer in the percussion. [6/10]

Vs Boss Battle (icontrolyourworld) - icy js file. nice flow though im not too sure how fond the ffr players will be of a file like this [8/10]

WHO GIVES A **** (nois-or-e) - unknown artist fix please!. starting at 23.944 why did you stop stepping that melody? [8/10]

World End's Yama Xanadu (0) - a cut at 287.787? [7/10]

Xanthystrauma (MarioNintendo) - missing 16th at 35.723 and also at 44.338 .extra 16th at 36.517 [8/10]

XP Startup Theme (Netjet!) - get rid of the 8th note jump at the end please [8/10]

X-Y-Z (bmah) - nice [9/10]

Zanzibar Green (T-Force) - not really much to say. i wasnt a fan of some of the patterns and the file is repetitive but nothings wrong with it [8/10]

samurai7694

[RESUBMISSIONS]

Identity (DarkZtar)

4/10 - weak [+?]

- 52.053s, a hand would have fit there as it was used for the crash symbol + guitar at 42.357s
- 61.294s, I hear the 16th note kick drum starting here so it would make sense to have the jumps here, instead of being at 61.597s
- 82.050s, missing 8th note for the kick
- 91.745s, same issue as above ^
- 94.169s, same issue ^
- 98.411s, same issue ^
- 114.773s, 16th note stream doesnt start until after the 8th note, remove the 16th before it
- 117.500s, the 16ths still continue up until the hand/chord, the 16th jumps are overlayered and should be fixed as single notes
- 191.398s, same issue as above, add a 16th note after the [12] jump
- the song drags on a bit too much for my taste, so I would suggest a cut. layering needs work.

Intensive Care Unit (VisD)

1/10 [-]

- 16.825s, sudden break of 16th stream
- 28.225, since you're layering the low synth, you missed an 8th note after the [14] jump
- 36.035, same issue as above ^
- 38.425s, this whole section here is overlayered. jumps should accentuate the kick drum rhythm
- 57.625s, again, jumps shouldn't be layered with the synth, it's unnecessary. also, missing 16th rhythms from the percussion.
- 75,625s, random 32nds that don't belong there
- 77.650s, oh god, is that supposed to be a zero-frame 192nd note jack?....
- done reviewing after this point, wont bother with the rest. needs a huge fix.

Mutant Sixty Four (ninjaKIWI)

5/10 - strong [+?]

- nice touch of PR, I love it
- 55.129s, I would have kept the flow of the 16th mini jacks going, this specific part kind of bothers me a bit
- 65.373s, missing 16th note after the [34] 8th note jump
- 95.233s, missing 32nd note after the 16th note
- still very minor issues, needs a fix, but not a bad file overall.

Press Start (YOSHl)

7/10 - strong [+.]

- song choice is nice
- since a lot of bursts were stepped, I would reccommend also putting in 32nd notes to the buzzing sounds (starting at 43.668s and in other places) so that it doesn't feel so empty
- not a bad file.

THE LITTLE MERMAID (hi19hi19)

7/10 - strong [+.]

- what did I just play...
- 32.512s, feels a bit too simple here, I would have set that [34] jump as a hand instead for the crash symbol and put jumps to the snare drum
- still a fun file though lol

[/RESUBMISSIONS]

{Stay with me} (psychoangel691)

[PASS]

- multiple difficulties

beyond the summer sky ~Maid To Order~ (bmah)

8/10 - weak [+]

- layering is alright
- good file and song

DO IT YOURSELF (bmah)

8/10 - weak [+]

- really nice file, I like the flow of the patterns

Electric Daisy Violin (iironiic)

7/10 - strong [+.]

- it's really nice to have a violin piece like this for FFR, good song choice
- nice 16th patterns and PR
- 74.174s, that 32nd note irks me a bit

Korean Madness (_.Spitfire._)

8/10 - weak [+]

- lol video background
- file itself is pretty fun

Louder!! Louder!!!! Louder!!!!!! (megamon88)

3/10 - strong [?]

- song choice is really weird
- the file doesn't appeal to me at all, just a garbled mess of 64ths/192nds
- ending is just aids

LUV TO ME 2011 (bmah)

8/10 - weak [+]

- just another awesome bmah file.

My Half (Choofers)

8/10 - weak [+]

- that long break was a lazy move imo, would have been better if that whole section + beginning was cut
- however, it's awesome to see such a nice flowing file for this kind of song length, I like this file

NaiNai 69 (Coolboyrulez0 + _.Spitfire._)

7/10 - strong [+.]

- interesting cut, I actually like the rest of the song lol
- not bad, not bad at all

Neopandemic (PrawnSkunk)

5/10 - strong [+?]

- there's some missing 16th rhythms to the kick drum
- layering is a bit weird, sudden stop of 8th notes at 18.631s

New Windy Paradise (bmah)

8/10 - weak [+]

- good song, good file, good bmah-feel to it.

Nightrain (trumaestro)

[PASS]

- multiple difficulties

N's Farewell (Xx{Midnight}xX)

5/10 - strong [+?]

- it gets offsync near the end
- other than the sync, I like the song and the file

Orange Juice (Interlude) (VisD)

2/10 - weak [?]

- sometimes the 32nd gallops are put it and sometimes they aren't
- layering is a bit weird, can't tell what the jumps are going to
- ending notes were really random

Phalanx (ninjaKIWI)

8/10 - weak [+]

- amazing song choice imo
- the flow of the patterns was really nice
- I like this file, played it twice because it was fun

Pitch Black (FFR Edit) (hi19hi19)

8/10 - weak [+]

- good file, interesting polyrhythms

Pokamen Party (megamon88)

8/10 - weak [+]

- rolls at 21.163s, could have done well without them
- rest of the file was pretty fun

Princess Lolitits (ninjaKIWI)

9/10 - strong [+]

- the pattern usage in this short and easy file just feel...imo, nearly flawless, well done

Punch You (Coolboyrulez0)

7/10 - strong [+.]

- jumpstream was nice
- okay file

Punch You (Sticklydude)

6/10 - weak [+.] [<]

- random 16th jump at 34.713?
- not sure about the colored notes at the end, 12th note seems off to me
- this came close to CBR's version, I liked this one a lot but it had a few errors, nice job though.

Punkture (DossarLX ODI)

8/10 - weak [+]

- nice moderate-difficulty wristjacking file

Raburabu 79.99% Kyuu Sekkin ~Tonarino Kare Ha Nokogiri Nami~ (Coolboyrulez0)

5/10 strong [+?]

- long title is long
- why the late 64th note at 39.859s? 64th note color pattern should end there and instead be a 16th note
- with just the single notes to the synth, it feels empty. add 4th jumps to it
- ending drags on for too long, it should end at 109.657

Rainbow Tylenol (DarkZtar)

6/10 - weak [+.] [<]

- missing 8th note at 16.927s
- 30.482s, all of a sudden in this section here the 4th jumps to the snare (2nd and 4th beat) are not present
- PrawnSkunk's version is better, though this wasn't a bad file, just had some minor issues.

Rainbow Tylenol (PrawnSkunk)

7/10 - strong [+.]

- really nice flow of pattens, minus the random 24th jack at 78.682s
- ending was a bit weird (23 23 23 23 23 note pattern)
- still a fun file though

Reggaeton Virtual [Heavy](psychoangel691)

8/10 - weak [+]

- sweet, reggaeton on FFR
- really nice file

Reggaeton Virtual [Standard](psychoangel691)

7/10 - strong [+.]

- some of the patterns are just used from the heavy version and it would have been better if this version was toned down a bit more so it's not too identical

Remember 15 Years Ago (Coolboyrulez0)

8/10 - weak [+]

- nice easy file, not much to say about this

Satanic Unicorn Orgy (DossarLX ODI)

8/10 - weak [+]

- oh god this song lolol
- 33.207s, honestly, I would have prefered you either layer the kick or the vocals, not both because it feels weird imo
- awesome song choice is awesome. ending 16th patterns look familiar to what I used in my SM file

Star Wars Anthology (Sticklydude)

5/10 - strong [+?]

- 22.980s and 66.776s, why sudden change in layering/missing 8ths?
- 141.228s, jumps to the main melody makes that section seem overlayered
- needs to be fixed a bit

Station 77 (Anaru)

5/10 - strong [+?]

- the 4th jumps make the beginning overlayered
- hands make it overlayered as well
- for the jumpstream section, I would prefer the jumps go to either the kick/snare or the piano chords, not both

Storm Raid Battle (0)

5/10 - strong [+?]

-those jump jack patterns are really awkward imo
- im not liking the quick gallops either
- feels too overlayered, and repetitive

Sunday Afternoon Jam (icontrolyourworld)

6/10 - weak [+.]

- I'm not sure about thse 32nds at the end of the file
- everything else was alright to me, pretty fun

super mario bros theme (original nintendo is awesome remix) (YOSHl)

5/10 - strong [+?]

- the layering is so weird stating at 27.265s, and so are the gallop notes

Super Signal Force (DossarLX ODI)

7/10 - strong [+.]

- pretty nice file, but the guitar pattern (starting at 42.240s) gets boring really fast

Tequila (Anaru)

5/10 - strong [+?]

- 34.918s, that's a really awkward anchor pattern
- layering is all over the place, didnt really like the second half of the file

teraholic (00Razor00)

7/10 - strong [+.]

- not much to say, nice 12th note swing file

To Make the End of Battle (DarkZtar)

6/10 - weak [+.]

- jumps to guitar notes are a bit too heavy imo
- layering seems altight to me
- nice 12th note solo patterns
- 32nd notes at the end were really awkwardly placed

Tomorrow Untrodden (VisD)

5/10 - strong [+?]

- was okay until the 16th jumps, overlayered

Trisection v2 (trumaestro)

6/10 - weak [+.]

- 16th jumps feel weird to me
- starting at 82.195, the whole section feels underlayered compared to the first half of the file

umad (MarioNintendo)

7/10 - strong [+.]

- not bad, fun file

Universe in Mother Earth (Elite Ninja)

7/10 - strong [+.]

- 104.382s, 4th jumps to the snare beat would be nice so that it doesnt feel underlayered
- nice file though

Vs Boss Battle (icontrolyourworld)

5/10 - strong [+?]

- very overlayered lol tone it down

WHO GIVES A **** (nois-or-e)

5/10 - strong [+?]

- 23.944s, would be better if the melody was layering in with the percussion kick and snare rhythm as well, it feels empty without it.
- the part after with the 192nd notes is pretty weird imo

World End's Yama Xanadu (0)

4/10 - weak [+?]

- it just sounds repetitive, I got bored within the first minute
- definitely needs a cut

Xanthystrauma (MarioNintendo)

6/10 - weak [+.]

- nice buildup at 101.171s
- a bit long, but alright

XP Startup Theme (Netjet!)

6/10 - weak [+.]

- layering is a bit shaky, leave jumps to chords
- nice song choice though lol

X-Y-Z (bmah)

9/10 - strong [+]

- creepy vocals in the beginning
- interesting but awesome song choice
- I always love the patterns you use, awesome file

Zanzibar Green (T-Force)

5/10 - strong [+?]

- insteresting jumpstream file
- 59.286s, what's with the 8th note jumps?
- 95.992s, it sounds like it doesn't end exactly at the 4th note so maybe at a 16th note after it?

kommisar

Beyond the Summer Sky (4/10)

-m7 after the 2nd 4th note you could add an 8th to introduce the hi-hats
-m20 it's ok that you decided not to step the 32nds, but after the 16th jumpstream buildup it seems sort of anti-climactic
-m29 you should've added the piano 16ths instead of simple 8th jump patterns
-m36 now you add 32nds, which doesn't explain why you didn't follow them earlier
-m30 at the end I don't quite understand why you stop the flow and miss an 8th note
-section that follows just feels like overlayered vocal 8th note jump/hands

DO IT YOURSELF (6/10)

-right from the start, lots of percussion rhythms are missed (m2-3 is a mess)
-the rhythms seem a little complicated to follow at the start since the accentuation isn't always clear. the snares could be accentuated a little better
-rest of the file seems fine. just needs a few tweaks at the start.

Electric Daisy Violin (7/10)

-m5 this color note will spark some debate. although it's apparent that it's to underline the violin sweep, it's really not necessary
-m40 sync wise, the 32nd isn't correct according to the violin. It's much closer to the 16th note
-well structured, very consistent. the 48th note flams sort of kill the flow though, but that's just my opinion.

[Resubmission] Identity (6/10)

-very early sync. (approx. +.06) though this might be due to the timing mode of song timing vs step timing in sm5
-very accurate solo, good use of pitch relevancy

[Resubmission] Intensive Care Unit (3/10)

-m9~ if you listen closely to the synth, they don't always repeat the same pattern as you've done here. slow it down and check it out
-m17 it bothers me that you didn't follow the bass drum 8th note right after the 2nd 4th in this whole section.
-this file seems to follow very strict layering. doesn't feel much like i'm really playing the song itself
-m49 disappointing that the amen breaks weren't followed whatsoever, but the rest is overlayered which doesn't make sense (especially the jump trills)
-m73 now you step the amen breaks. very inconsistent file
-needs a lot of revision

Korean Madness (6/10)

-the lack of pattern variety once the song picks up around m10 is a little tedious to play
-m17 during the slowdown i'm not quite sure what warrants those jumps since they're just single vocal notes
-m35 to avoid too much rage with the roll, I would suggest maybe move the 8th note to the 4th slot. just a suggestion though
-m48 same as m17

Louder!! Louder!!!! Louder!!!!!! (5/10)

-at this speed, the 32nds at m8 could just as well be 16ths. it's a little excessive
-m24 these flams could just work as single notes
-m48 now instead of flams you straight up decide to step the whole 32nds.
-the bursts are just awful and way too much.

LUV TO ME 2011 (8/10)

-Straightforward Eurobeat file. Nothing really to say about this aside from the end of m49 where you don't follow the 32nds you did previously.

[Resubmission] Mutant Sixty Four (6/10)

-some of the 32nd patterns could be re-arranged a little to flow better
-rhythm wise file seems good. I'd suggest trying to make the patterns a little simpler.

My Downfall (5/10)

-there's a massive gap in this file. fix this. fill it with anything, violins, whatever works.
-m85 this is way too underlayered
-fix all the gaps in this file. it's an otherwise fantastic file ruined by huge holes that could easily be filled

N's Farewell (3/10)

-first note is a piano flam note, yet the last 4th note of m4 is a triplet instead. already inconsistent
-pitch relevancy is questionable. lots of notes seem a little out of place
-m21 these color notes shouldn't be there. I hear a 16th note before the 2nd 4th note which is a jump.
-sometimes you add flam notes, sometimes you don't. seems sort of random. sometimes they aren't even placed accurately.

NaiNai 69 (6/10)

-sync is very late (-.04)
-Pretty simple file to follow. disappointing that you didn't step the whole song though. cut seems too short

Neopandemic (4/10)

-m15 after the 8th jump 16ths should follow percussion, same goes for the rest of this section
-this song basically just repeats twice and is short. Unfortunately don't see much fun value in this.

New Windy Paradise (8/10)

-great transitions, well followed chart.

Nightrain (7/10)

-not entirely sure I follow your jump useage, but this more or less plays like the file you sent years ago to the ffr batch.

Orange Juice (3/10)

-your flam notes (64ths) are incredibly inconsistent. if you're going to follow them, you should keep following them rather than step a few and leave the rest hanging.
-there's nothing particularly exciting about this file. it's just 4th jumps with intermittent 8ths and weird inconsistent flams. the ending is barely audible and arrows kept on coming. song choice is to blame for the variety of your steps.

Phalanx (4/10)

-right off the bat, I could ask to improve the 32nd patterns at measure 2. This sort of looks like a mess to hit.
-m12 there seems to be a lot of sounds missed.
-m20 before your hands, there's a single note that could be placed before each one
-m24 since you're following all the buzzing sounds, this part seems quite empty with what's being offered
-m25 after the 5th 16th note, there should be a 4th note for the drum
-m26 missed some 24ths (actually missed the 4th note entirely that leads to the audible 24ths)
-lots of rhythms seem unclear in this file. needs a lot of revision.

Pitch Black (FFR Edit) (7/10)

-very clear layering, nice accentuation of various sounds and instruments.
-not much else to add. very well constructed file.

Pokén Party (8/10)

-haha fantastic. only thing lacking in your file is pattern structure during the more heavy amen layers (not really a big deal).

[Resubmission] Press Start (5/10)

-m7/8 I understand you want to accentuate the mario pipe/jump sounds, but adding a bunch of colored notes just makes a huge mess
-m11 no. this is too much
-honestly the file isn't bad, but the bursts completely ruin the flow.

Princess Lolitits (7/10)

-m28 perhaps switch the patterns around a little. having notes on the 3rd column like that sort of kills the measure
-short file, but I love it. Very chill, consistent and clear layering. good job

Punch You (4/10) Coolboyrulez0

-sync is slightly early (+0.02)
-m19 the first 4th jump doesn't seem to be following anything, same with the following measure
-m23 I could see the snare hits be accentuated a little more here. adding jumps wouldn't hurt.
-your 16th note patterns are a mess. they're very awkward to hit at this speed.

Punch You (6/10) -Sticklydude

-A little more layered, but better use of patterns
-It's still a giant jumpstream fest, but nothing really wrong.

Punkture (6/10)

-m20 the layering seems to stop suddenly. becomes inconsistent
-you're layering in the vocals which is fine, but the color notes you're using changes from the first time you followed them.
-this is a pretty jack-y file which perhaps ffr needs more of, but the entire file is based on this which doesn't offer much variety unfortunately. Still a decent file though.

Raburabu 79.99% Kyuu Sekkin !? ~Tonarino Kare Ha Nokogiri Name~ (5/10)

-I can't believe I typed that whole song name. In b4 questionable judging~
-sync is a tad early (-0.02)
-once you follow the vocals it seems a little empty and underlayered
-m50~ this is also very underlayered
-file is a bit on the repetitive side. the ending i'd listen to the hi-hats a little more closely. they're not entirely made of 16th 3 note gallops. also you should cut the notes a little earlier; the audio is barely audible at that point.

Rainbow Tylenol (7/10) Prawnskunk

-ah yes great pitch relevancy.
-This file is heavily layered but it works at this speed. Great use of patterns. My only suggestion would be to use more consistent layering during the solo (don't follow anything other than the solo instead of switching back and forth between jumps and single notes)

Rainbow Tylenol (5/10)

-sync is very early (-0.06)
-m18 you stop layering the jumps which feels inconsistent
-m22 you randomly start layering the jumps?
-I like the way you singled out the solo in this file, but the 32nd patterns could use some work
-the main melody at the end is how you should've layered the entire song, not just the ending.

Reggaeton Virtual [Heavy] (5/10)

-m25 this entire section is a mess. the 16ths either aren't following anything at all, or they're on the wrong beat.
-m42 I don't really see the need to add flam notes here
-m57 if you're set on accurately stepping the vocals, you should slow it down and listen carefully; this part slows down significantly

Reggaeton Virtual [Standard] (5/10)

-for this difficulty, I would suggest not using flam notes (64ths). It just seems like a confusing mess to less experienced players
-I understand you're trying to make this file a little easier, but seeing as how you're stepping colored notes all over the place, I don't think it's necessary to cut the 16th vocal patterns in the first section, especially when you follow it properly at m53 which renders this whole file inconsistent

Remember 15 Years Ago (4/10)

-in the first 4 measures, the melody alternates a bit. I'd suggest switching up the patterns
-for the difficulty of this file, it's probably best not to have mini 16th note jacks
-pitch relevancy is completely off in this whole file. it should be pretty simple to accentuate the note pitches in this song
-your use of jumps is questionnable and confusing. if you're going to layer something, try to use it consistently.

Satanic unicorn Orgy (8/10)

-lol oh man. well crafted file.

Star Wars Anthology (7/10)

-this has a pretty old school FFR feel to it. there isn't really anything to point out regarding accuracy.

Station 77 (3/10)

-Since the beginning is quite simple to follow, I think some pitch relevancy would help get a better feel of the song.
-The jumps feel sort of thrown all over the place. m17 the piano jumps aren't followed anymore (though this works ok as a transition, but still feels off)
-for this difficulty, I don't feel hands would fit well. I think it still has to be an fmo for that to be accepted. I don't think there's enough to warrant them anyways.
-This file drags on for a long time and is sort of inconsistent with the jumps. I think this would work better if intended as an easier file with some lighter layering.
-The jumpstream kicks in, and becomes very boring and tedious to play. It's the only section that's a little more difficult in the song and is very repetitive.

Storm Raid Battle (7/10)

-m2 the 64ths could be arranged in a more fluent pattern. having 123 123 is a little too much for bursts.
-m7 it's disappointing that you stopped using the 3 note jacks; they were a nice touch
-The xmods are a really cool touch. The difficulty is is well balanced though, even the jump jacks aren't too bad. I won't rant about the 32nd patterns too much since they seem to generally work well for this sort of difficulty.
-I think the sync at this point may be a tad too early (+0.015)
-With a few fixes this could very well be a memorable file for the more experienced players.

Sunday Afternoon Jam (6/10)

-Constant flow, nice difficulty and great patterns. I think the mixed in 16ths with the 24ths are a little much though. Just the 24ths would work much better imo. (m22-23)

Super Mario Bros Theme (Original Nintendo is Awesome Remix) (7/10)

-First note, why not just use a triple note instead of awkward 192nds?
-in the same first measure, the 4th note jump isn't following anything
-m6 the 32nds between jumps could be managed a little better pattern wise.
-This is a pretty cool file otherwise. GJ

Super Signal Force (6/10)

-end of m16 the only 16th note at the very end doesn't seem to follow anything
-m35 this feels underlayered. it's pretty much the same rhythms as the beginning, yet no jumps are layered at all
-I love the structure of this song and the patterns are awesome, but I think something should be done about that empty section
-This song is unfortunately pretty repetitive, but some nice use of patterns and slight diversity keep it more or less entertaining.

Tequila (8/10)
-Ah man this is too short. Awesome file, sweet accentuation (bedtime story theory ahoy).

teraholic (7/10)

-m13 you could follow the 24ths with the melody to keep consistency
-the 24th burst patterns are very well managed in this. The beginning is unfortunately pretty repetitive and is essencially the same sequence repeating.
-Very fun file.

[Resubmission] The Little Mermaid (5/10)

-This file is way too short, and the beginning is overlayered as hell. The start could use some toning down. Rest is pretty hilarious but fun haha.

To Make the End of Battle (7/10)

-Sync is very early (+0.06)
-Aside from that, this is an excellent file. The cut is horrible though and feels too sudden. Perhaps fade it?

Tomorrow untrodden (6/10)

-I'm a firm believer that flam notes (in this case 48ths and 64ths) should be used sparingly to accentuate very audible sounds. In this case, they're everywhere following every single guitar slide when it's not really a definite rhythm
-rest of this file is very well structured.

Trisection v2 (!/10)

-Multiple Charts, Didn't play.

umad (9/10)

-Fantastic. Wow.

Universe in Mother Earth (6/10)

-This isn't a bad file by any means, but does get a tad repetitive since it's mostly straight 16ths with intermittent 4th jumps.
-m47 you start layering jumps again when in the previous section you weren't?

Vs. Boss Battle (7/10)

-Very heavily layered song, but nothing takes away from the flow and the patterns are very well managed.
-Way too short, but I guess a minute is all SSH had to offer.

Who Gives a **** (5/10)

-This file starts off really great, but then at m14 everything goes to waste. The melody isn't followed and the whole section feels incredibly empty. Just following the bass drum with jumps is a huge waste of potential for this file.
-m26 the flam notes aren't really necessary. This section feels a little off rhythm wise but it's layered a little differently so it's probably just me.
-With the main section fixed this could make an awesome file.

World End's Yama Xanadu (7/10)

-My opinion hasn't changed for this file since last judgment. This would make a great marathon challenge.

X-Y-Z (8/10)

-I don't have much to say about bmah files. Trying to find stuff wrong would probably subjective at this point. Well done.

Xanthystrauma (6/10)

-m30 the 32nds feel as if they cut off a little too quickly. there should be a 16th after each one.
-m32 the jump patterns here have constant 16ths between them.
-m53 in the midst of the jumps here that 32nd pattern will become very awkward to hit. if the jumps were on [34] it would be easier to manage imo
-m68 the 24ths here work, but given the difficulty I think you can get away with two 32nd rolls
-m84 there could be some 16ths added to build up to the next measure
-m108 these 24ths could use some better patterns. 432 and 321 patterns this fast are a recipe for disaster
-This is just a suggestion, at m135 the 16ths between the jumps here could be switched a bit for better pattern flow
-Great work, has tons of potential once fixed a little.

XP Startup Theme (4/10)

-m8 the two [14] jumps are different notes yet are the same pattern
-I noticed some of your jumps are to single notes, which in this case should be reserved for dual piano notes
-m11 the first 4th could be a jump
-m12 there could be an 8th note on the first 8th slot to follow the lower piano note
-m13 again some single notes could be jumps to accentuate the dual piano notes
-the jumps in this whole file seem thrown in randomly and aren't very consistent at all.
-needs revision

Zanzibar Green (4/10)

-sync is late (-0.04)
-m30 the bass drum could be followed to fill this section in a little more. Feels empty especially after the whole jumpstream part.
-m39 this part doesn't seem climactic enough to have it as an entire jumpstream. I think single note stream would be sufficient
-The more difficult sections are just copy pasted jumpstream which doesn't add much variety.

{Stay with me} (!/10)

-Multiple Charts. Didn't play.

Last edited by bmah; 05-12-2012 at 01:44 AM..