View Single Post
Old 08-21-2011, 08:34 PM   #10
jimerax
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music ProducerFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to jimerax Send a message via MSN to jimerax Send a message via Skype™ to jimerax
Default Re: Batch Review Thread v2.0

CONTINUATION OF AUGUST 21, 2011 BATCH

Judge Group 2

Gundam-Dude

Finale for the Fallen (pmonibuv1)
- M9+, though you could've kept layering the piano chords for a better, smoother transition.
- M13+, funky choice to layer the hihat when it comes in but eh to each their own, lol. Figured that it's not really a prominent sound you'd want to emphasize with jumps.
- M29+, not really feeling the density of the jumps. Not much of a prominent change in the song to call for density like this.
- Everything after M41+ is really awkward to hit at this speed especially with all the hidden 8th jacks and runningman patterns. Vary up the patterns more?
- Layering's passable. Patterns could use reworking with all honesty.
[+?]

Haruka Kanata (kjwkjw)
- A little bit more bass jumps wouldn't hurt during the streams but I can see why you'd leave them out.
- Very last note doesn't seem needed. End file on the [14] jump above.
- Good layerering. Enjoyable to play through.
[+]

I breathe the cosmos (bmah)
- No complaints. I really dig the file overall.
- Colour note vocals were a nice touch. Reminds me of the similar technique I do in my IOSYS files.
[+]

Immigraniada (Bassnectar Mix) (Rog vs Detrimentalist)
- Some colour notes felt a little off or wonky. But given FFR's timing windows, they won't be a problem.
- No real commentary. Solid layering and enjoyable file.
[+]

Infanticide (CBR)
- Global offset issue. It was early by 0.04.
- File ends off weird for me. IMO should've stopped stepped up until the cymbal crash after the [23][4] pattern.
- Solid layering. No real commentary.
[+.]

Jumper (Niala)
- Thought some jump placements for prominent synths would've added good variation rather tham strictly following percussion only.
- No real commentary. Good layering and enjoyable.
[+]

Keep It Short (bmah)
- Polyrhythms later on in the file might be tough to follow for people.
- No real commentary. Good layering and enjoyable.
[+]

Kono spoon, suteki desu ne (0)
- Colour gimmicks were really cool and well executed.
- No real commentary. Really like this file. Downside is that these gimmicks will probably be tough to read on FFR.
[+]

Kyomu no Kareha no Tsumugiuta (Silvuh)
- No real commentary. Solid layering and enjoyable as an easier file.
[+]

Lavendar Town [Fairytale Remix] (Xx{Midnight}xX)
- M51 is funky as this is the only spot with a grace note in the entire file which could throw people off easily.
- Not really digging the whole colour gimmick for this file in particular. It's eerie I suppose, lol.
- A bit lacking in pitch relevancy but then again I can see why you'd vary up patterns since the song repeats countless times.
- Layering is passable. It's not all that interesting or notable of a file though.
- I'd say, get rid of the colour gimmick all together. A file and song as easy to follow as this doesn't really have the impact for the colour gimmick in general.
[+?]

Lives Without Meaning (MarioNintendo)
- BPM gimmicks were nice.
- No real commentary. Solid layering and enjoyable file.
[+]

Lost Forever (T-Force)
- Global offset issue. It was late by 0.04.
- Repetitive but passable as an easy chart.
[+.]

Luna Ascension (Reshiram)
- 192nds are slightly going overboard. Try to limit the 192nd usage to essential sounds. Too much 192nds in a file can ruin it (I learned it the hard way oops).
- No real commentary. Solid layering and enjoyable.
[+]

Mark's Revenge (Rog)
- 32nds will probably give people trouble.
- No real commentary. Awesome layering and enjoyable overall.
[+]

Mortal Kombat Metal Menu (MarioNintendo)
- The [12][1][12] jack patterns are begging for boo rushing, despite how slow the song is. I would personally try to avoid that pattern in general.
- M27+ same deal with the left hand oriented patterns. I realize it's pitch relevant and all but you should take into consideration how it affects file flow and awkwardness.
- Great layering overall and enjoyable file. I haven't seen many trilly files in the FFR batches so this was refreshing to see.
[+.]

Mourning the Lost (Dossar)
- Rainbow/coloured jump-trills might be a bit much but at this speed and with FFR's timing windows, they shouldn't be much of a problem I guess.
- Technically correct for the most part. No real commentary. Layering is solid and this is good for scoring I suppose.
[+.]

mutant corecore (Dossar & Rog)
- Layering is passable.
- Pattern usage was alright though I'm not keen on the one handed oriented 8th minijacks.
- For a short file I feel that pattern usage plays a bigger role. Perhaps shifting some of the one handed oriented patterns around?
[+?]

Neopandemic (PrawnSkunk)
- Thought you could've thoroughly layered the percussive hits with jumps. Your jump placements are a bit hard to follow as you place them sparsely to the prominent synths which change up every few measures.
- Layering is passable. There's an opportunity to place rainbow grace notes to accentuate the main melody to make it more interesting.
[+.]

No Purpose Flour (iironiic)
- The rainbow trill and 48th burst are going to give people a hell of a time, rofl. Consider simplifying them? Rainbow trill into something snapped and easier to read and 48th burst possibly simplified to a 32nd burst instead.
- Layering is solid and file's enjoyable and tough to play.
[+.]

Organ Concerto No 1 Revered Mortality in Dm (GG_Guru & samurai7694)
- Beat 162+ Not quite feeling the impact of the hand placements. It's also a bit awkward when there aren't any jump placements to counterbalance the usage until Beat 189+.
- A lot of the hidden one handed minijack patterns in the ending section of file can get tough to hit.
- Layering is passable.
[+.]

pain night grand tin (Silvuh)
- M5-8 piano chord jumps would've been nice. I'm not feeling the piano with single notes.
- Beat 178, rainbow trill might be going overboard, even with FFR's lenient timing windows.
- Layering is great and file's enjoyable and fun to play.
[+]

Papyrus's Adventure (Niala & bmah)
- No real commentary. Layering is great and file's enjoyable and fun. Patterns flowed well.
[+]

Phoenix Rising (OneHandNow)
- The entire beginning measure is unnecessary. What you're layering isn't even prominent and you can't even tell what it goes to when you're tapping away. Remove it all together.
- Beat 53+ I'm not feeling the impact of the hand placements. Especially when there aren't any jumps to counterbalance to usage.
- M18+ when you start layering all the percussion as jumpjacks although technically wouldn't be an issue, it's hard to distinguish what they go to as you're playing and it adds an unnecessary amount of difficulty to the file.
- M33+ the handjacks are way too much and going overboard.
- Although the layering is passable for the most part, you're overdoing the hands and jacks. Tone down the layering and density and I think this'll be good.
[?]

PLANETCORE (I like it)
- M23, missing a 4th note to start off the 16th stream
- M23+ percussive jumps would've been a good addition rather than straight up stream.
- Beat 188 is REALLY hard to hit and it feels overlayered. Simplify.
- M39+ bass and/or percussive jumps would've been good additions
- Beat 191 same deal as Beat 188.
- M56+ bass and/or percussive jumps would've been good additions
- Beat 279 a definite no. 32nd trill at this speed is a huge difficulty spike and way too hard to hit.
- Layering is decent but there's a lot of inconsistencies and some minor errors. File as a whole is pretty uninteresting and lackluster.
- Thoroughly layer the file, remove/simplify difficulty spikes, and perhaps cut the file.
[-]

Press Start (YOSHl)
- A lot of the minijack patterns that are focused or oriented around one hand are difficult and awkward to hit (e.g. [1][12][2]). Go over and try and change up some of them to be two handed for better flow.
- Layering is solid. Patterns are iffy in a few sections of the file where there's a lot of one handed focus.
[+.]

Prism (Xayphon)
- Rainbow build up sections are tough to read but shouldn't be too difficult I think.
- No real commentary. Layering is great and file's enjoyable.
[+]

Progressive Theatrical (bmah)
- No real commentary. Layering is solid although file's a bit lackluster for being so straightforward and long.
[+]

who_cares973

1Finale for the Fallen (pmonibuv1) completely repetitive. change up patterns so it doesnt feel like it drags on forever [-]

2Haruka Kanata (kjwkjw) you use the 1423 pattern a lot try changing up a bit more but other than that the file is alright. the beginning section where you have 16th js with 24ths thrown in there is a bit much compared to the rest of the file and it isnt even the hight of the song. [+?]

3I breathe the cosmos (bmah) really fun. some awkward patterns but they seem intentional [+]

4Immigraniada (Bassnectar Mix) (t-rogdor vs Detrimentalist) the js sectioni near the beginningish is a bit much but awesome file [+]

5Infanticide (Coolboyrulez0) no 2 seconds of silence in the beginning, song isnt cut, the difficulty spikes are way too big and layering is all over the place [-]

6Jumper (Niala) fun the 12th jumps though dont seem to go to anything when playing [+.]

7Keep It Short (bmah) fun good file [+]

8Kono spoon, suteki desu ne (0) bahahaha that was much more fun than it probably shouldve been. the last 64th jack could be left out though [+]

9Kyomu no Kareha no Tsumugiuta (Silvuh) really fun file no complaints [+]

10Lavender Town [Fairytale Remix] (Xx{Midnight}xX) PR would be great if implemented on a song like this. nice effect you're going for though i wouldve personally gone with 12 notes and 192nds. also the song needs to be cut in a little more than half maybe at 80 seconds ish [?]

11Lives Without Meaning (MarioNintendo)files fine just feels bland [+.]

12Lost Forever (FFR Cut) (T-Force) notes are late double check that. you forgot to add the silence in the beginning and the file either needs that jumpstream burst to be removed or you need to layer the rest of the file. the song also needs a cut [-]

13Luna Ascension (Reshiram) fun im not sure how well the file will convert though. needs silence in the beginning [+.]

14Mark's Revenge (t-rogdor) file was fun until the 32nd spam then it made no sense because i couldnt hear the 32nds. might want to remove them [+?]

15Mortal Kombat Metal Menu (MarioNintendo) nice file i didnt like the c1 bass though it got annoying [+.]

16Mourning the Lost (DossarLX ODI)fun file though the colour notes couldve been snapped to something thats a bit easier to read at some parts. [+]

17mutant corecore (DossarLX ODI & t-rogdor) i guess [+.]

18Neopandemic (PrawnSkunk) nice file but the notes are late and the 32nds at 29.7 should be 16ths[+.]

19No Purpose Flour (iironiic) looks like you improved on it from before [+]

20Organ Concerto No 1 Revered Mortality in Dm (GG_Guru & samurai7694) couldve been less repetitive with the running men and you could cut a bit of the intro off but other than that and the fact that the notes are early its an ok file [+.]

21pain night grand tin (Silvuh)really fun file no complaints[+]

22Papyrus's Adventure (Niala + bmah) file is fine no mistakes worth changing just personal differences [+]

23Phoenix Rising (OneHandNow) JACKS(way overstepped file) [-]

24PLANETCORE (I like it) misrhythms in a lot of places especially in the beginning. considering how energetic and up beat the song is i feel like this file could used a lot more layering and just been fuller over all. good note is the rolls are nicely synced [?]

25Press Start (YOSHl)i feel like this file couldve played a lot smoother with the removal of some jacks. especially in the sections where all the sounds are layered in together [+.]

26Prism (Xayphon) fun file though the sync could be improved upon especially in the 48th jump section and the bits before that. that section is just a pain to read but everything else is good i liked the file just not the sync [+?]

27Progressive Theatrical (bmah) nice file though the last 1-3 seconds didnt have to be stepped because the music is barely audible [+.]

psychoangel691

Kono spoon, suteki desu ne (0)[++]

Awesome job on this file, seriously. The buzzes seem intimidating at first but I was able to hit
them fine. I love the color tricks in this file. really fun to play.

Haruka Kanata (kjwkjw) [+]

Another fun file from you. I really enjoyed playing this. No complaints here.

Keep it Short (bmah)[+]

I actually really enjoyed this file. It has a few little difficulty blips in it but not too bad. I think the trickiest blips are the little 32nd spots.

Kyomu no Kareha no Tsumugiuta (Silvuh) [+]

Another lovely file from you. When the chart picks up for the 1st time it took me a second to realize what you were following but I picked up on it pretty quick.

Jumper (Niala)[+]

Overall a fun easy/mid level file.

Lives Without Meaning (MarioNintendo)[+]

Hearing the preview of this song I was like oh man this is gonna hurt my hands. The chart was not what I was expecting to see but it works. I enjoyed it.

Mutant Corecore (Dossar & t-rogdor)[+]

It's kinda like a slightly longer Lolo.

Immigraniada (t-rogdor vs Detrimentalist)
[+.]

The 32nd run m35 - m37 the patterns for it get a little on the hard side to hit. Otherwise not bad.

I breathe the Cosmos (bmah)[+.]

I'm a little iffy on the difficulty consistency of this file. I feel it's a bit all over the place when it comes to difficulty. Other than that I think it's a really fun file to play.

Lost Forever (T-Force)[+.]

Pretty nice for an easy file. I think the patterns for the 16ths might be a little tough since most of the song is 8th notes. But it's probably something that can be picked up after a few tries.

Mortal Kombat Metal Menu
(MarioNintendo)[+.]

Ow my left hand hurts :/ I'm a little iffy on that difficulty blip in there but overall not bad and a pretty fun chart to play aside from that blip.

Mourning the Lost (Dossar) [+.]

Pretty much a typical hard jumpstream file. It starts to drag a bit cause it's kind of repetitive. Other than that no complaints really.

Press Start (YOSHl) [+.]

I think this file is pretty fun. Some of the patterns are a little mean but still a neat file.

Prism (Xayphon) [+.]

yay piano! My only complaint is m30 to the middle of m31. The teal notes kinda all blend together and it feels like a huge difficutly spike. Maybe make it less jump heavy?

Progressive Theatrical (bmah)[+.]

Some of the patterns going into the hands are a little mean. Like at the end of m28 for example. Otherwise this is a pretty interesting file.

Pain Night Grand Tin (Silvuh) [+.]

I felt like the trill was a little mean in comparison to the rest of the file. Otherwise I thought it was a really fun file to play.

Mark's Revenge (t-rogdor) [+.]

m36 to m44 I'm a bit iffy on the 32nds here. It's incredibly difficult to hear what they are going to. Other than that this is a really fun chart to play.

Neopandemic (PrawnSkunk)[+.]

Pretty straight forward easier chart.

Papyrus's Adventure (Niala & bmah) [+.]

I feel like some of the difficutly spikes are a bit mean. Like the hand jacks into the 32nds. Otherwise nice chart from you guys.

No Purpose Flour (iironiic)[+.]

What bugged me the most was that up down trill. Maybe make that into an easier pattern?

Finale for the Fallen (pmonibuv1) [+?]

This is pretty repetitive. Maybe vary up the run patterns a bit to give the chart some variety?
Also, it's really hard to hear what the 32nds in the run that starts a m17 are going to.

Lavender Town (Middie)[+?]

I think this file could use a cut. I hate to do that but it's just the same thing over and over.
Other than that I was slightly iffy about the hands in the file but they aren't too big a deal if you keep them. Aside from that it's a nice easy file.

Organ Concerto No 1 Revered Mortality in Dm (GG_Guru & samurai7694) [+?]

What's really urking me about this file is that some sections seem to have some relevancy and then there are sections that are just screaming for it. I'd brush up on that a little bit. Otherwise it's a pretty solid file.

Infanticide (Coolboyrulez0)[?]

The chart is pretty all over the place in difficulty. There are some sections that are pretty empty and nothing more than 8th notes. Then you have the 16th sections which are oka
y with the overall chart I think. But then you throw in the 32nd bursts at the end of m32, end of m60 and end of m76. A good majority of the file is 8th notes so those 32nd bursts make for a huge difficulty spike in the chart.

Luna Ascension (Reshiram) [?]

I'm not sure what you're following with the green arrows. It seems to switch up in the song.
The green minijacks are pretty hard to hit and break the flow of the chart. The burst at the end of m24 is a pretty decent difficulty spike. Maybe try changing the pattern up a bit for a nicer flow?

PLANETCORE (I like it) [?]

The difficulty is pretty all over the place. The burst at the end of m30, the roll at m34 and m42 are pretty decent difficulty spikes. The rolls are a little easier to hit than the burst. The burst pattern at the end of m48 is pretty tough too. Then there's the 32nd trill at the end of m70. The majority of the file is 16th stream/jumpstream. I'd suggest softening up those bursts a little bit to fit in better with the rest of the difficulty.

Phoenix Rising (OneHandNow) [-]

The super long jack in the beg is a bit unnecessary.
I'm not sure what some of your hands are going to. They make sense with the cymbal crashes but
what are the others going to? They also seem inconsistent.
The hand/quad jacking from m33 to the end is a bit overboard as well.

qqwref

Finale for the Fallen (pmonibuv1) - [?]
Playtest: The steps are repetitive and feel copy-pasted. The 200bpm runningman section is awkward to hit and boring too - you should really put more interesting and fluent patterns here. You tried way too hard to use PR in this file, and it came out poorly because of it.
Editor: The layering is weird in this file. For instance, you layer in all the 8ths from m29-m32, but then when it gets more energetic at the start of m33 you use a lighter layering pattern. And I understand why you wouldn't want to put much layering in the 200bpm section, but it still felt weird after the heavily layered 100bpm section.

Haruka Kanata (kjwkjw) - [+.]
Playtest: Overall this file was really fun, but some of the patterns with 32nds and grace notes were a little awkward, like the left-handed 32nd bits in m21-25. Nothing terrible, just not as flowy as it could be.
Editor: The 32nd roll usage feels weird. On one hand, you have sections like m26 and m71 which sound like they should be longer rolls, and on the other you have parts in m40, m70, etc. that are stepped with the 32nds made clear. I'd rather either have all the 32nds in the file, or have only a few.

I breathe the cosmos (bmah) - [+]
Playtest: The patterns are fun and interesting, and it plays pretty comfortably despite the weird rhythms. Please try to avoid 32nd minitrills like in m44 and m46, though.
Editor: Looks fine, although I don't really agree with your choice of where to step vocal patterns and where to avoid them.

Immigraniada (Bassnectar Mix) (t-rogdor vs Detrimentalist) - [+]
Playtest: Very fun file. I like the use of 16th jack patterns.
Editor: Seems pretty good. I think some of the color notes are a little off, but it didn't bother me while playing.

Infanticide (Coolboyrulez0) - [+?]
Playtest: You sure did use a lot of 16th trills. There are some really awkward patterns here - the minijack into a trill in m28-29 needs to be changed up, and the 16th jumpstream to 32nd roll section in m32 is just awful. The changing 32nd rolls in m60 and m76 are also unpleasant. That kind of stuff would be fine in a much harder file, but for this difficulty you really need to use the easiest patterns you can.
Editor: From a technical perspective this file is OK.

Jumper (Niala) - [+.]
Playtest: Definitely a fun chart. Interesting patterns, good song, and just enjoyable to play.
Editor: You should be more consistent with the 12ths - there are places (like m58-m65) where it just feels missing, and although I see that you're trying to focus on something else, it would feel better to have it layered in like in the intro. Also, I'm not sure about your layering in certain places, like the last 12th in m38.

Keep It Short (bmah) - [+.]
Playtest: I loved the use of grace notes here. There were some patterns that were more awkward than they needed to be, like m32 (could be two jumps), m56, all the 4-note 32nd rolls (I only hear 3 notes here and I think it would play better that way), m92, and m96, and I think that given the general feel of this file they should be made a bit more comfortable.
Editor: Seems good, except for a few bursts that don't seem quite right, as mentioned.

Kono spoon, suteki desu ne (0) - [+.]
Playtest: The 32nd(?) rolls at m5, m69-71, and m80 were more awkward than they needed to be, and being colored in makes it extra difficult to read, so you really should have stayed with jumptrillable patterns. Otherwise, this was awesome to play through.
Editor: Seemed accurate. So many BPM changes o_0

Kyomu no Kareha no Tsumugiuta (Silvuh) - [+]
Playtest: Fun and interesting, great job.
Editor: I notice you didn't step the melody as much, which is pretty noticeable in m24 among other places, but that's fine - I just would have done this differently.

Lavender Town [Fairytale Remix] (Xx{Midnight}xX) - [?]
Playtest: Not gonna lie, this was pretty boring (you could have at least cut it...). A file like this really needs good PR because otherwise it's just a mass of randomly chosen arrows, without enough structure to keep the player's interest. And although there were a few places where you almost had a good match to the melody, it fell apart soon afterwards.
Editor: OK, first off, why did you make everything white? I get the whole ghost thing with this town in the game, but the gimmick felt totally pointless here. It doesn't add anything to the file. There were some couple quirks of layering, like some places (e.g. m41) where you used a jump for no audible reason, as if you started layering in a sound before it was actually noticeable.

Lives Without Meaning (MarioNintendo) - [+]
Playtest: Great use of patterns, but there could have been fewer trills and accents on the buzzier sounds. Nothing brilliant here, but this is a solid, fun file.
Editor: I didn't see anything wrong here.

Lost Forever (FFR Cut) (T-Force) - [+.]
Playtest: I could easily see this song with a more difficult chart, but this works well as an easy chart. There are a few sections (m11, m47, m89) that are noticeably harder than the rest, though, and those should be toned down to make the file more cohesive.
Editor: All good here.

Luna Ascension (Reshiram) - [++]
Playtest: Very fun. I really like the use of white notes for layering in the foreground melody, which lets it be expressed without making the file overstepped.
Editor: Looks good.

Mark's Revenge (t-rogdor) - [+.]
Playtest: Fun chat, with nice use of minijacks. Some of the 32nd sections were pretty tricky, and I think they could have been made to flow a bit more - maybe by removing a few of the minijacks in those sections.
Editor: I think the 32nd sections in m44 and m50 should be 24ths. Also, on a lower rate a lot of your 32nd triplets sound more like one note with a grace note into the second - take a look.

Mortal Kombat Metal Menu (MarioNintendo) - [+.]
Playtest: I found this really fun, and the 32nd patterns were interesting. The double bpm section was weaker than the rest of the file, though; the patterns repeated a lot, with many trills/jumptrills and rolls, and the 8th section was very left-hand biased. That part definitely needs some work.
Editor: The jumptrills sound off to me - maybe they would be better as just 8th jumps, with some shorter 8th jacks in there.

Mourning the Lost (DossarLX ODI) - [+.]
Playtest: This was a fun chart, with generally good patterns that helped work against the high difficulty. I think the 8th-note-jump jumpstream around m72-77 and m126-131 is a bit much, though; replacing this with 8th jumps would be much better. The color note jumptrills into minijacks all over the file are awkward too and should probably be changed (maybe into just straight jumptrills).
Editor: The syncing job on this chart is really good - nice job.

mutant corecore (DossarLX ODI & t-rogdor) - [+.]
Playtest: I like this chart - it's fun and short. The jumpjacks were tough but not too tough to expect people to hit them. I found the white bursts confusing to read, though, so I'm not relaly sure if the patterns in them are good or not.
Editor: In terms of technicality, the white parts are a problem; there are a lot of them, and they don't really feel natural because the song doesn't do anything spceial in those places. I'd say that most of those sections should be replaced with the actual rhythms, with maybe a small amount of white left for emphasis if you feel it's necessary.

Neopandemic (PrawnSkunk) - [+.]
Playtest: This chart plays decently well, but I really don't feel the need for minijacks (especially at this speed), and I was very disappointed that you didn't step any of the grace note/accents. Oh well.
Editor: Technically this song is fine.

No Purpose Flour (iironiic) - [+.]
Playtest: Most of this chart is really fun, and goes to the music without being immensely difficult. I found the speeding-up trill in m37 and the 48th roll in m67 to be a bit too tough for the chart, though, and I think the file would be a lot more fun with them toned down, because then people won't have to worry about the one section that will wreck their score if they aren't careful.
Editor: Basically perfect.

Organ Concerto No 1 Revered Mortality in Dm (GG_Guru & samurai7694) - [+?]
Playtest: The long slow intro was really melodic and desperately needed some PR - the current steps just feel wrong, even though they match the rhythms. I suggest cutting some of it as well (seriously, 1:30 before the hard stuff?). The fast section was okay but really nothing special in terms of patterns, and I'd remove the one-handed trill in m59.
Editor: The rhythms are okay, but this file needs a LOT more PR. The 48th burst in m57 made me cringe because it was in the wrong direction...

pain night grand tin (Silvuh) - [+?]
Playtest: Most of this file was pretty fun and interesting. There were a couple of really awkward bits, though: m16, the 32nds in m49, the burst at the very end, and maybe a few more places. But most of all, the trill in m45 is absolutely unacceptable (FFR is combo scoring, remember?) and needs to go.
Editor: The file seems pretty accurate, but some parts are a bit too technical, and end up with more notes stepped than a player would hear while playing the song. Sometimes the most accurate arrow placement isn't actually the best representation of the music.

Papyrus's Adventure (Niala + bmah) - [+?]
Playtest: Interesting chart, lots of changes in speed and difficulty. Some of the 32nd patterns are really ugly though, and they kind of overshadow the whole rest of the song.
Editor: The rolls were stepped really inconsistently; similar-sounding sections often had a roll in one, but no indication of that sound in the other. There's a roll in m12, nothing in m14-16, then rolls in m21, 23, and 25, then nothing in m29, nothing at the end of m40 or at m46, 47, or 49, but then a roll in m52, m54, and m57. This bothered me because I felt like every time that sound came up the file just briefly stopped making sense. Fix that and this will be a great chart.

Phoenix Rising (OneHandNow) - [?]
Playtest: WTF was that beginning? Seriously. WTF. The seocnd half of the file played okay, but it did feel overstepped, especially the hand gluts at the end.
Editor: The rhythms make sense, except for the beginning where the jack sound is barely hearable at the start.

PLANETCORE (I like it) - [-]
Playtest: I don't really know what you were trying to do here. Some spots (like the beginning) were extremely understepped, as if this was supposed to be an easy chart; then, on the other hand, you have icky 32nd patterns (m30, m48, m70) or weird color rolls (m34, m42) that are awkward and don't seem to fit. You should either try to step an easy chart or a hard one, but not both at once.
Editor: Although some individual sections have proper rhythms, in general the rhythms are all wrong. All I can say is that your chart is vaguely similar to the song, but isn't even close to a match.

Press Start (YOSHl) - [+.]
Playtest: Interesting approach to a file; it feels a bit overstepped, but fortunately it's still slow enough to be playable. I think you should break up the longer jumpjacks in m4 and m49 (they're tricky to combo on FFR), and there are a few awkward patterns (m19 and m76-77) that should be fixed.
Editor: I think the middle burst in m40 is off.

Prism (Xayphon) - [+]
Playtest: I didn't expect the fast section, but it made sense with the song; it could be made much easier to read though. Your choice of note coloring overall could be better, but I won't fault you for that.
Editor: Seems pretty well-synced, and the fast section does make sense on lower speed.

Progressive Theatrical (bmah) - [+.]
Playtest: Pretty fun file, and the patterns are pretty good to hit.
Editor: Why didn't you step the 16ths from m65 on? It seems like you started doing it at m72, but it felt really off to not have the 16ths before that. And why didn't you step the 64th/32nd pattern in m41 as well as 39 and 40?

Last edited by bmah; 10-26-2011 at 12:34 AM..