View Single Post
Old 02-7-2011, 11:24 PM   #17
Ickalanda
FFR Player

Default Re: Drum Corp International '011

Quote:
Originally Posted by irishknight View Post
I'm so jelly lol. Marching scouts being 16-17? ... For most snareline people like me you don't get to reach this level until your age-out year or close to it. Too much competition. It's nuts how many people want to march snare.

Hell, I can't even make the lowest ranked world class corps so far with what chops I have! and I already have a year of experience . Wish me luck though! I have one more camp to prove myself.
Yeah definitely, a bunch of guys who all went to my High School have been marching scouts, 5 of them marched last season, the largest group of people from one place in the entire corps. My brother was so excited when he got in and the older guys helped him out a lot as he prepared for auditions which I think helped.

Our High School is also extremely competitive in Marching Band, with Ibe Sodawalla (The Corps Director of Legends) writing the music and working with the band a lot (he is also a Madison Scouts alumni). I think my brothers experience in high school helped him out a lot, and he was the Drill Sergeant for the entire band this past fall.

I hope you do well with DCI, it is definitely an awesome experience and I hope you keep up at it, not really something for me personally but my brother enjoys it a lot and it is definitely great to watch.

My StarCraft II YouTube Channel!
Ickalanda is offline   Reply With Quote