View Single Post
Old 03-6-2023, 07:34 PM   #37
diddleysquin
FFR Veteran
Event StaffFFR Veteran

Default Re: Anti-LGBTQIA+ legislation staying lowkey but with big impact

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lights View Post
If you walk up to me and you misgender me out of nowhere, not knowing anything about me- im not going to be thrilled about it, but im not going to hold it against you. The response would be to correct it afterwards and now hey- we're on the same page, conversation can resume. If airport security or any other random stranger makes that mistake, its not going to be the end of the world (so long as they're not going out of there way to be jerks about it). -///- After a couple corrections, thats going to stick with you.

Believe me, if things like legal name changes / sex changes weren't prohibitively expensive and complicated to perform, I'd love to get my own personal documentation updated. But unfortunately, some places can tend to make that rather hard to do. This is something that I personally believe should be addressed, but in the meantime- it doesn't hurt to take the time to remember the pronouns of someone you're going to see more than once. paperwork or not.
This, exactly and all of this is precisely what I wanted to add to this conversation.