Old 08-26-2018, 07:25 PM   #2805
Precarious
Unacceptable
FFR Veteran

Default Re: TWG CLXXX - OuO what's this? [Game Thread]

Quote:
Originally Posted by the sun fan View Post
"You play to win the game" after all.
That's just it. I suppose it comes down to the idea that I view a 1:1:1 as a loss for everyone--which is why I keep referring to it as a draw-loss. No one achieves their victory conditions.

Under the NL approach, a 2:1:1 is relatively unpalatable to the bad guys, but they would still have a chance. I feel like the Hide strategy and its implications (potentially bringing about the 1:1:1 more quickly) would make them more likely to hunt each other. And even under the draw logic, I feel like it gives us a better chance of getting to the draw, rather than the loss.

I mean, under that logic, we might as well abandon the NL strategy altogether. At least one known town player has to survive until tomorrow, which means they could lead a self-vote and force the 1:1:1. That seems distasteful, and I was hesitant to point it out until now, but if we're arguing 1:1:1 is a goal state... (There's also no risk of it backfiring in a Tps as lone wolf world since this assumes multiple night kills, and multiple night kills confirms Tps as town.)