View Single Post
Old 01-9-2021, 07:13 PM   #19
gold stinger
Signature Extraordinare~~
Song Submission & Events Manager
Game ManagerEvent StaffSimfile JudgeFFR Wiki StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music ProducerD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to gold stinger
Default Re: Announcement regarding the future of my rhythm game career

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seoulslayer View Post
I'm confused, I thought that FFR did use milisecond based timing windows? Doesn't it know the exact milisecond you pressed the note? I thought that I read that the whole point of the new engines was that they were able to do this.
FFR does use millisecond based timing windows. The placement of arrows on the chart however is frame based, and that's mostly so that older iterations of the engine are compatible with charts, since only the R^3 engine follows millisecond based timing.

So basically:

Quote:
Originally Posted by katanaeyegaming View Post
I mentioned earlier the current timing engine in FFR becoming basically RNG so i'll elaborate on what I mean by this, I sometimes get runs where I hit the note and get an amazing and then the next time on the same note with no differentiation will get a good or in some rare cases an average.

People say that this issue is caused by lag but I haven't had any lag issues at all with the game so the explanation can be thrown out the window.
tl;dr, you're bad.

long explanation: the space between an amazing and an average in FFR is 64 milliseconds, and that's between the earliest amazing and latest average. To get an average, you have to be between 83ms and 115ms early. In DDR terms, that's between a Great & a Good. Same for Stepmania, more-so a Good than a Great. Also a combo breaker in most VSRG's.

If you claim to be not bad and overtly terrible at accuracy, then:

a) you have sync issues and should send some troubleshooting images showing your note graphs in song results along with the game version you're using and which download. Might be able to troubleshoot to something more playable. The graph in results should look like this:

b) Needs fiddling with judge offset/global offset because you're hitting consistently later/earlier than you should be.

c) You have inconsistent lag between your keyboard & monitor display and need to fix whatever is delaying that response on your end, it will carry over to other rhythm games.

It's virtually impossible to get 100% Amazings on files in FFR except for some of the easiest files, and sets an unrealistic expectation if you're looking to get consistent Amazings. Consistent perfects however, is common since the accuracy window for Perfects is three times the size of Amazings, and can accompany most forms of minor latency lag or drift. But hitting an accuracy spread that reaches as far as averages? That sounds like either a lag issue, inconsistent delay, or simply playing way outside your comfort level.

- Tosh 2014

Last edited by gold stinger; 01-9-2021 at 07:26 PM..
gold stinger is offline   Reply With Quote