View Single Post
Old 11-30-2020, 02:09 PM   #1176
rayword45
Local Teenage Wastebasket
FFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Default Re: Recommend me some 2020 albums halp

Day 779: Long Haired Locusts by Godcaster (Album Choice: robertsona)

Yet again, there's something in here that VAGUELY reminds me of Comus and I don't know why. Maybe it's just my mindset today. Maybe it's just all these harmonized vocals. I don't know.

Anyways, that's really only slightly, because again but even moreso than that wanky album I just listened to, this really sounds NOTHING like Comus. I don't know what band I'd compare this to really, but this shit is actually 100% my jam when it all comes together. Weird, janky guitar work mixed with slight pop sensibility and a whole lotta art pretension (I mean that in a good way, I promise), all with a feeling that it could all fall apart at any second (I read that this was recorded live-to-tape, giving it a lo-fi sensibility that I really enjoy). I can't say I loved every track on here, some of them just came and go without leaving much of an impact, but when this one clicks, it CLICKS HARD. I will definitely return to this to see if it deserves to be one of my year end favorites.

Best Track: Escape from the Challenger Deep
Rating: 7/10

BEST AAAs: WANDERLUST, Pandora, Necropotence, Mourning The Lost, Eradication, Feldschlacht

Hey, we need some users on this site. Please join.

And if you have not recommended any albums yet, do so. Please. I have a goal to reach. Here.
NO WAIT THAT SHIT'S OLD GO HERE INSTEAD.
rayword45 is offline   Reply With Quote