View Single Post
Old 08-7-2018, 12:34 PM   #8
Xiz
TWG Chaos
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to Xiz
Default Re: Certificate/Diploma/Undergrad/Grad Qualifications

@Jrodd

Masters degree is the new bachelors, considering how many people have been going for masters these days. It can be argued that a PhD is the new masters as well. It’s like this in the states due to not just he economy, but so many students pursue this route that there is a heavy need for low-skill jobs such as mechanics, plummers, etc who make bank.

However, getting a masters allows you to sit comfortably in this economy.

Currently in my final year of my masters program for Animation/Film. Already it has been the best and wisest choice of my career due to the connections and skills I have made thus far. I managed to lock down an S tier internship last semester which (from what I’m told) is end game for some people. However this field in particular is not easy at all, since 95% of my field ends up struggling, hence why I’m doing everything in my power in hopes to succeed.

Taking some fun classes though, doing some 3D modeling/rigging classes next year, various crit classes and then hopefully a node programming class.

I’ve been heavily considering a PhD but that would mean I no longer make art. That would be something I might end up doing in 5-10 years.

Xiz is offline   Reply With Quote