View Single Post
Old 11-17-2017, 08:14 AM   #20
PixlSM
D7 Elite Keymasher
D7 Elite Keysmasher

Default Re: why do people hate on osu!mania??

Quote:
Originally Posted by icontrolyourworld View Post
things
im just addressing some of the things brought up in the OP.

as far as maps, yes a LOT of the maps are completely boring anime ops with very basic layering and no pr.

They dont allow dumps to be ranked, meaning hard maps are very limited.

The beatmap ranking system is run by people who probably dont even know what pr is anyways. and even if the BNs or whatever they are called knew what they were doing, the ground rules set in place are unnecessary and convoluted and as a result the ranked maps suffer.

about the leaderboards and ratings thing, once again I was responding to the OP. that being said, my statement about SR (which is a bad system) affecting the mapping meta in osu (lots of jumptrills, difficulty spikes, manipulatable patterns) still stands.

as far as the whole gameplay > graphics:
sure gameplay is more important, but the gameplay is osu is really bad (very easy to mash, poor acc system, score system is a complete joke, etc)

also if the skinning system is so bad I cant even get a setup I can read, thats pretty shit

Quote:
Every community will have its sourpatches, stepmania community included. Both games are community driven for the most part, and you can try to tie that into how both games are in their current states, especially including content provided by the community. As for the games at their core, the community did not actually create the actual game, just most of the content, so this statement i will still chalk up as it does not speak for the game.

again, the OP was about "why do people hate on osumania"

the community is a perfectly valid reason to hate a game (especially when its so integrated with everything in the game)

Quote:
I'm not one to say what is and isn't a rhythm game or anything, so here's what google/wiki says: Rhythm game or rhythm action is a genre of music-themed action video game that challenges a player's sense of rhythm.

I think that's a fair summary of what a rhythm game is. As to what makes it a joke I'm not 100% certain what you mean. It must be a very good joke considering its popularity.
I didnt say its NOT a rhythm game, im saying the devs dont know shit about rhythm gaming, and they have demonstrated it several times in the past (scorev2, combo scoring in std, peppy defending how easy it is to mash in om, etc)

Quote:
You can most definitely trash on either games scoring mechanics, but at the end of the day, it's an excuse not to get better.
I'd LOVE to see someone even try to call Wife scoring shit. Hell, even MIGS takes a massive shit on osumania's two scoring systems.

Last edited by PixlSM; 11-17-2017 at 08:20 AM..
PixlSM is offline   Reply With Quote