View Single Post
Old 08-4-2019, 11:17 AM   #62
MikeShinoda12345
*\(^o^)/*
D7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Default Re: 12th Official Tournament

Quote:
Originally Posted by rushyrulz View Post
IMO getting eliminated (elimination style) and being hopelessly low in the standings (cumulative style) is the same feeling, no matter the format.
Yeah, I agree, but I wasn't talking about people who are at the bottom of the divisions - making a system that works for them would completely wreck the competitive element of the tournament as a whole. But I do think that there's a certain rush with trying to reach a cutoff, with *just* making a cutoff, with anxiously hanging around at 32nd or 16th at the end of the week praying that someone doesn't snipe you. For me, that's taken away a bit if the imperfections in your scores will follow you regardless. There's more suspense, and at the beginning of each round you feel like you're on a clean slate - players who haven't performed as well are still able to reach or surpass their competitors, and players who have swept through each round can't let up at all.

...also not to be a snob but it takes like a couple minutes to get good enough to pass 2s, and maybe two weeks at most to become competent at 10s lol

Also which D6ers have AAA'd a 94?

Last edited by MikeShinoda12345; 08-4-2019 at 11:30 AM..
MikeShinoda12345 is offline   Reply With Quote