View Single Post
Old 08-21-2020, 02:56 PM   #19
HammyMcSquirrel
Everlong
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music ProducerFFR Veteran

Default Re: Batch Submission Updates

It seems there's some misinterpretation on concerns being expressed over the private queue with the batch system as a whole within this thread. The new batch system truly is wonderful and I've spoke in favor of it as a single entity. Due to how myself and others have looked at it, I had hoped that by expressing some possible alternatives we could see if the way it has been done isn't necessarily the best way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by psychoangel691 View Post
I don't see how it's not already a middle ground that the private batches are for specific events, everything else is public. There's more info now than ever and I'm going to keep saying that. None of you guys knew what was being send to the emails in batches of old, it seems incredibly silly to be upset that we may privatize one or two batches in a year for event purposes.
I've just been focusing on the private queue aspect. What I mean is a compromise between the two ends that have been talked about here. One end being our current system, the other being what a few of us have brought up in this thread; being able to know if there's a conflict within a private queue with what we'd like to step. An example of middle ground would be having the song title/artist not be private but everything else regarding the stepfile/stepfile artist would be.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TC_Halogen View Post
This has the potential to absolutely inundate game management with more than they need to deal with as it is. It shouldn't be their responsibility to have to check private batches over and over again because users have (historically unnecessary) concerns about it.
Then in the interest of keeping it simple, I can just state my example above as a question. Would having the song title/artist not be private but the rest remain private be an idea to explore? Everyone knows what's on its way to the game but the gameplay aspect remains a surprise. Shouldn't song artists coming to the game be given as much publicity as often as we can and as soon as we can anyways?

Again, I highly approve of this new system overall. I don't mean for my questioning to mean it all becomes unappreciated. Just trying to throw in some new ideas!
HammyMcSquirrel is offline   Reply With Quote